PDA

View Full Version : Valco single + toddler seat + carseat???

twizzli
09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Question for anyone with a valco single and toddler seat. I know that the company is working on a carseat adaptor but CS told me that you won't be able to use both the toddler seat and carseat adaptor at the same time. Do you think just plopping a snugride into a valco with toddler seat attached, and securing with a luggage strap or bungee cord would be stable enough for walks (obviously not for heavy jogging!!!)
Also, has anyone found a raincover that can cover both kids when the toddler seat is on?
Thanks!!!

COElizabeth
09-23-2004, 12:31 AM
I want to know, too!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

COElizabeth
09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Bump. Anyone know if a car seat will fit when the toddler seat is attached?

EDD #2, 10-30-04

shall85296
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Tomorrow I'll pull my stroller out & see if you could place & secure a infant carrier in there w/ out a bar w/ the toddler seat.

FWIW the seatback is really really cushy, and it comes w/ an infant head hugger thing. I'm not sure if that is your concern, and that is why you want to use a carrier - but the "bed" that it makes for a newborn is nice & snug.

stacy

COElizabeth
09-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks, Stacy! I'd really appreciate it.

The reason I am curious is that I would like the option of leaving a sleeping newborn in the car seat if we are just running a short errand. For a long outing I would use the stroller seat. Thanks.

EDD #2, 10-30-04

twizzli
09-24-2004, 12:33 AM
tia stacy!
Also, do you have any creative raincover solutions?

shall85296
09-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I tried the Evenflo ( I think it's the Port About) infant carrier in there, and it would not even fit without the toddler seat. The carrier was too wide & obviously the main seat of the stroller was too narrow to set the carseat in the stroller when it was fully reclined(it hit the actual side frame).
So I am not sure how even with the car seat adapter an infant carrier would fit??? I think that front to back there is definitely enough room (even w/ the toddler seat), but not side to side.
I would be curious what infant carriers they are saying are compatible w/ the adapter bar? Maybe the adapter bar puts the carseat more towards the front of the stroller & doesn't interfere w/ the side frame?
I'd love to see a picture of how it is going to work.
Hope that helps, or is at least clear as mud.
Stacy

shall85296
09-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey - just checked Kiwi-kid.com & they have the adapter bars available. One for peg's & one for Graco's - so maybe it's just an evenflo thing.
I am in AZ, so I am of no help on the rain cover thing. I did get the protect a bub sunshade, and I am thinking of a parasol for sun protection in the toddler seat.
Stacy

is67147
09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Ive got a rain cover that covers my jogger & toddler seat (Rapid Swivel Jogger). Not sure if it will fit a Valco. There is an XTrail that looks similar to the Valco and it has a toddler seat - next time I am at the baby store I can check out to see if it fits. Then you could always try to order a rain cover from Love 'N Care.

Plan to be at a Breastfeeding Challenge at Capilano Mall next Saturday so i could stop off at Boomers & Echoes (store carries the Love N Care XTrail) and see if it fits...

ttyl, bini

twizzli
09-28-2004, 12:01 AM
bini-
does your toddler seat on the rapid have a canopy? Do you just use the regular rain cover or is it a special one for the toddler seat?
Thanks!!

is67147
09-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Hi

yes the toddler seat has a canopy & special rain cover to fit over both the jogger and the tod. seat.

you can see a picture of the tod. seat (no rain cover) at http://www.borderlinetech.ca/borderline/lovencare/rapidSwivelToddlerSeat.shtml

twizzli
09-28-2004, 01:07 PM
thanks! do you know if this is sold anywhere in the us? how is the quality

is67147
09-29-2004, 01:30 PM
i dont know if the xtrail or the rapid is sold in the US - sorry - just up here in canada.

is67147
10-05-2004, 02:44 AM
So - I finally got around to checking my rain cover. The rain cover from a Rapid Swivel Jogger Toddler Seat(Love 'N Care) fits over the XTrail with a toddler seat - so it may well fit over the Valco as it is fairly similar from looking at the website. I can send photos if you like. Love N Care products are sold in British Columbia, Canada...