PDA

View Full Version : Best jogger for gravel paths

amyeff
09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi -- I posted this question before but no responses, sorry if I was too long-winded. I'm still having what DH calls a "stroller freakout", can anybody help?

Specs:
*single stroller for outside use only, brisk walks, mostly park trails, often on gravel
*son 2-years-old avg. size
*could be a inside/outside stroller for next baby, but not for another year
*must admit I'm taken in by cool looks and brand buzz, e.g. MBUS, but can't see it in person and am worried that we need 16 in. wheels for frequent use on gravel trails?
*have considered Baby Jogger, BOB, Dreamer Design, MBUS

Any help much appreciated!

hlahr
09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
I just ordered the tike tech jogging stroller with 16" wheels. It said it was good on gravel paths. A good site to compare all the joggers is joggingstroller.com I will let you know about the tike tech when it arrives in the mail.
hlahr (mommy to henry)

hardysmom
09-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Can't answer all of your questions BUT, GOOD 12" wheels should be fine on gravel. If you are not running, a real all-terrain might be a better choice that a more delicate jogger-- the difference is kind of like that between a mountain bike and a touring bike, kwim? At least you'll want something with chubbier tires, not a super-light jogger.

I used a Teutonia Y2K on my in-laws cattle ranch in West Texas, which is about as rugged as you could get. It was great. We're talking unpaved cattle trails, rock roads, gullys, wash-outs.... no problem. I could actually cross a pasture without any trouble (well, except the flat I got running over a cactus).

I now use a MBUD with my twins and it also has gone places no reasonable person would think to stroll. At first, I worried that I needed a fixed wheel, but so far, so good.

Stephanie