PDA

View Full Version : E3 owners - How long did you use the newborn mode? (m)

hobokenmom
09-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone. I'm very happy with my e3, which I've been using since July when Zeke was born. I'm just curious as to how long you used the newborn mode. He's a little over two months, and I've started putting him in the toddler sleepytime mode (with the zippers open) sometimes because I feel like he likes to see out. The harness is way too big, so I used a safety pin to shorten the crotch strap (the big one with the logo on it), and I only use the side harnesses, but they're very tight so he's quite secure. The top harnesses are way over his head, so that won't work.

He's over 13 lbs. and 23 inches and he seems like he's getting long for the newborn mode. Any thoughts?

Just wondering what others have done. I won't ever use the e3 as a double, as we're done having kids, so I don't have any concerns over that.

Just as a side, I love, love, love, the sun/bug cover as he stays well protected, and it does a great job of keeping nosey preschoolers from sharing their germs with the baby.

Thanks in advance for any comments you have about the newborn bed.

Marisa6826
09-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey Amy-

Was just thinking about you when I was in Hoboken last week. There were a bunch of block parties going on and I couldn't help but wonder if you were one of the families (Garden/Bloomfield above 12th St).

I can't answer your question (yet) as I STILL haven't gotten mine from Rodney - going on almost 6w now - but I think as long as you have Zeke firmly buckled in so he can't slide out, you're OK.

My Peg had a little mesh component that kind of enclosed the bed for Sophie to lay in. I was able to raise the incline a bit so she wasn't completely flat, but I didn't have to worry about her sliding out the bottom. Make any sense?

My only concern is that his head might wobble about unless you use a snuzzler or something.

Hope you're doing well and settling in with Zeke as part of the family. We STILL need to hook up for lunch one of these days ;).

hugs

-m

hobokenmom
09-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi Marisa. We don't have a block party on our block, but I have lots of friends at 12th and Bloomfield so we were at the party last Saturday night late (we had a sitter and were out to dinner first)

I have a travel comfy liner in the stroller, and his head doesn't bobble too much so I think we're okay.

Though I love my E3, the only drawback that I can see is that the toddler part (the regular seat) doesn't recline all that much.

We took my friend's peg venezia on our vacation to St. John, and it worked out really well for us. The vacation was wonderful, except we lost a day because of Hurricane Frances, but it was no big deal.

Next time you're in Hoboken during the week, please let me know. I have still yet to see another e3 in Hoboken!!

Hope you're feeling well.