PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the Zippy in black/tan/red plaid (SBO)?

sandclan
09-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm debating on which color to get. If you have pics, please post!
Thanks
Michelle

newmommy1
09-27-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't have a pic but it's quite nice. I test drove one this past week and really liked it. It's a simple plaid, not too bold, and will go well probably with any diaper bag/accessories...nice stroller!

shyviolet
09-27-2004, 01:35 AM
Is this it?: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000E2DIL/102-0753226-9714554?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=14#more-picturesmore-picturesmore-picturesmore-pictures

sandclan
09-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes, that is it. I just don't know if it looks too masculine for a little girl. What do you think about the blueberry or red? Neither will match the car seat, but I want to like it for a while!
Thanks for your help.
Michelle

ShaniB123
09-27-2004, 03:01 PM
I ordered the solid red Zippy based on the online pictures (I had seen Zippys in real life, but never saw the red one in real life). When the red Zippy arrived, I decided I HATED the color. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the red Zippy has a lot of navy trim, plus there are parts of the seat that have very thin navy and red diagonal stripes- the stripes are so fine that from more than a few feet away, these striped areas don't look like stripes, but rather, look like they're just a magenta color. The "magenta" clashed with the red fabric in the other areas. Plus, the underside of the hood was a really funny color red- also different from the other red in the stroller.

Anyway, I ended up returning the red Zippy in exchange for the one that's charcoal grey and light grey with red trim (I have seem this one in real life and it's nice). You can see a picture of the new one I ordered at:

http://www.inglesina.us/prodotti/detail.php3?sectionid=41&sesid=&itemid=229

I'm having a girl, too, and I don't think this is too masculine for her (there aren't too many feminine looking strollers out there anyway, although I understand there will be a number of pink strollers on the market in 2005).

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Hope that helps!

First due in CA in October

tootie
09-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I have the Zippy SBO, and think it would be fine for a boy or a girl. We picked it out because it went best with the car seat we were getting, before we knew that we were having a boy. There is a red stripe in the fabric, which I think you can see in the linked pictures from an earlier post, but there is also a pink stripe too which is too light to show up in the pics.

Lesley

sandclan
09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I ordered it today. Travelingtikes.com has it for $269 w/ free shipping and free diaper bag. I was going to wait until the 2004's were clearanced out, but I was too excited! I hope I like it as much as I think I will.
Michelle