PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my new Sliver Cross Mini!

tarahsolazy
09-26-2004, 10:03 PM
OK, I am totally not a stroller collector or anything, but I needed a stroller. I had a crappy cheapie Graco that was like wrestling a bear to get it in and out of the car, plus, I just didn't like it (I know, not the best reason to buy something else). I needed a light stroller for errands, and airports, and short walks. I bought the Mini based on reviews here, and photos, had never seen one IRL. Its fabulous. True one-hand fold, I can do it while holding 23lb chunko with the other arm. Light, easy to lift, has a nice handle on the side. And pushes great, too, steers one-handed and everything.

This thing is wonderful!

Myfourkids
09-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Congrats to you!

I love my Mini also!

jubilee
09-27-2004, 04:45 AM
I had REALLY wanted to see the Silver Cross line in person, and found that nobody sells it in Portland. We should open up a shop here! :)

Kimberly H
09-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Tarah, the Mini didn't perform well in StrollerQueen's obstacle course. Are you finding it problematic at all in daily use? Her results are the only thing holding me back. :(

Shannon P
09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
I thought that StrollerQueen said that the Mini did perform well on her course...it was the micro that didn't.

Myfourkids
09-27-2004, 04:01 PM
>I thought that StrollerQueen said that the Mini did perform
>well on her course...it was the micro that didn't.

That is what I thought also. I think that is why I chose it.

Myfourkids
09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Sorry computer glitch!

Myfourkids
09-27-2004, 04:02 PM

Kimberly H
09-27-2004, 06:35 PM
::sigh:: Y'all are right! I forgot I'd talked myself into the Micro because I like the Brighton colors better on the Micro (or maybe even the RED) then it failed the obstacle course miserably so I was headed back to the Mini. Now to decide on a color...

Mikesa3
09-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Didn't someone say that they are going to make the mini in red? Just thought I'd mention it.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

PiggyPoo
09-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Can someone tell me if the seat on the Mini sits up any higher than the one on the Mac Triumph? Also, do you think a toddler could get in and out of the Mini by himself? Thirdly, is the seat on the Mini deeper than the one on the Triumph?

You gals really have me interested in the Mini now! :)

Thanks!

Jill

tarahsolazy
09-27-2004, 08:58 PM
I don't have a Mac Triumph, but the seat on the Mini definately has a bit of a backward slant on it, like the Macs do. Ds seems comfortable, and I think the seat is a little deeper, not hugely so or anything, though. I think a toddler could definately get in and out, if the brakes were on, LOL!

strollerqueen
09-29-2004, 01:46 AM
The Mini was STELLAR in the Obstacle Course, absolutely amazing. It was the Micro that didn't perform so well. Which of course, was surprising. Anyway, the names are so similar that it is easy to mix them up. I have done it a few times myself, so I hope I didn't confuse anyone!

strollerqueen
09-29-2004, 01:50 AM
You know, it's OK. I still LIKE the Micro, in fact I am majorly dreaming of the pink one right now! I love the fact that it has the thick seat pad, and the carry strap, and the 10.5 pound weight.

My 6 year old DD says it's her favorite, and the most comfy for her! I pull the seat pad just a bit higher up over the top of the seat, so that the edging isn't hitting here in an awkward place.

I just think that it is better indoors, while the Mini is better outdoors. I re-tested the Mini again the other night, and it was awesome, awesome, awesome!

Kimberly H
09-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Not that I can't make up my mind or anything ;) but I had a long talk with myself and the reason to get a second stroller is size and weight - Mia *loves* her Jeep Liberty but it's a monster to lift in/out of the car. Since size matters, as does price, the Micro really is the one I need.

After seeing the pink Micro, if it comes in before we need to leave on our cruise in mid-December, it's mine. If not, we'll go with the red Micro.

Thanks, y'all!

PiggyPoo
09-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Strollerqueen,

Do you think the Mini would fare well at Disney World? Or would the Swift or Volvo be the better choice?

nola
10-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey, Strollerqueen,
I think your previous post had a typo that made the micro/mini obstacle test results a little confusing. This is really the fault of SC for naming the two strollers so similarly. I would have preferred micro/pico.

InTheBiz
10-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I am due April 2nd and can't wait to find out the sex of the baby<up til now my sweetie has been crossing their lovely legs, unlike my other two children who gave me an answer at 15 weeks without doubt> so that I can buy that Mini in pink! If it's a boy, the red is my 2nd choice.
I still have my Combi Ultra Savvy from 8 years ago<which my husband claims I should still use with the third child....WRONG...I deserve a new stroller>.
I absolutely love the ride of the Mini....one day at work, I cruised my 5 year old 43 pounder around in all of the strollers I liked to see how they REALLY handled with their almost max weight in them and the Mini did really well, as did the MBUS<my all-time-favorite-best stroller-ever-made stroller> but it's out of my price range,even with my discount, but oh how I want it in orange.

smoykim
10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
"... so that I can buy that Mini in pink! If it's a boy, the red is my 2nd choice..."

I believe only the Micro will be offered in pink while both the Mini and Micro will come in red. I'd really like to have a Mini in pink too, since I want the recline and it did better on Strollerqueen's obstacle course. I saw the red Mini on a retailer's website. It's ALL red, including the canopy. Not sure about the red overload... I agree that you're entitled to a new stroller. I finally convinced my DH that we needed to replace our 5 year old PP Venezia. Now I can't decide from all the choices/colors in strollers available!