PDA

View Full Version : P3 Owners - Help me pick a fabric!

Jilly Bean
09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
I am ready to order my P3, but haven't decided on a fabric. I have seen only the Chesapeake, which I like. From the pictures, I like the Metalicca because it is different and I love red!

Any opinions on these or other fabric options? How do they look after a year? How do they clean? Any fading? Thanks for any advice!

jubilee
09-30-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm not a P3 owner, but I looked very, very hard at it. I liked the metalicca and the black sable a lot.

Emmas Mom
09-30-2004, 12:49 AM
I have the Metallica & LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! It's wonderful & has held up very well. Of course, I love red too! :D I haven't had to wash my fabric just wiped it down with wipes & such. No fading here.

newmomto1
09-30-2004, 02:27 AM
I have a Black Sable P3 & love the color!!! I was torn between the Metallica & the Black Sable. I am not really a "red" person, but I thought the red P3 looked very cool. I was also afraid that some of DS's clothes might clash with the red (yes, I know I am a freak!) ANYWAY, that's why I went for the black. I have been using mine a lot for about 3 or 4 months (I can't remember exactly when I got it)...so far it has held up great. My DS is a "spitter upper", but so far the fabric looks great just from wiping up the messes as they occur. If you're choosing just between the Metallica & Chesapeake...I vote for Metallica!

momathome
09-30-2004, 09:31 AM
I have Metallica and I love it! I have been using it for about a year and it is such a striking fabric. It has held up well with no fading. Good luck!

MamaParis
09-30-2004, 10:31 AM
I have the Xplorer fabric and love it. No one in my area has this fabric (everyone has chesapeake or black sable) and it is so nice and subdued and unique. It is a pain to keep it looking perfectly clean ... but so are the lighter parts of the black sable.

BUT I do want to get a new fabric set when the '05s come out ... something loud like the hip hop!

Also, I was torn between the xplorer and the metallica ... the metallica is very very nice looking in person.

Good Luck
Paris

Jilly Bean
09-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Metallica owners, the thing I turns me off when I look at the pictures (and I have only seen it in pictures) is all the gray on it...or is it more silver....especially on the hood. When you look at it, does it look like a red stroller or a gray stoller?

I have not really considered the black sable, but now I like that too. I am thinking a navy blue stroller might be a bit "boring"!

Thanks for all the feedback!

momathome
09-30-2004, 11:19 AM
The gray is most definitely a silver - and the red is defintely the color that jumps out. HTH!!!

momathome
09-30-2004, 11:21 AM
I have an Aria with the Xplorer fabric and Ilove that, too - my only complaint is that it does tend to show the dirt more but the fabric itself is beautiful! :)

kcampo
09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Chesapeake is definitely BORING, I got my Peg Duette in Chesapeake because it was readily available and so is my Primo Viaggio Car seat since I got it for a steal. My 2002 Pliko is in Synergy, which I absolutely love. It is a great aqua-ish color with black netting and tan piping. After several washes and 2 kids, it still looks great. Red was available back then, I can't remember why I didn't go for it, probably because I got my Pliko on Ebay. Anyway, have you had a sneak peak at all the new colors coming out for 2005? Only Black Sable & Metallica are coming back slightly updated with a bunch of new colors here's a link that shows each one:
http://www.strollandgo.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=17

If you're looking for something new, fresh & colorful you might see if you can hold off on your purchase until these new ones come in. Good luck & congrats.

Mikesa3
09-30-2004, 02:50 PM
I haven't seen any in person either but I like the Metalica.I wouldn't mind the stroller with navy fabric but the navy plastic I don't like.Probably because the 2 strollers I've been using for 7 years have navy plastic and I'm sick of it.LOL BTW where are you ordering from?I really want to order one soon before all the 2004's are gone,I prefer the gray tray over the new black ones.Just need some $$$
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Jilly Bean
09-30-2004, 04:14 PM
I love the new colors! Now it will be really hard to decide LOL! Thanks for the link. It looks like there are new models too - A3 and AT4? Interesting...

Jilly Bean
09-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Right now the best prices I have found are at www.babydealz.com for the 2004's. Most are $239.99 with free shipping. Be careful of the models shown that are cheaper than that. They do not have a snack tray.