PDA

View Full Version : Stoller Shopping in Australia

bixbie33
09-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know the availability of European strollers in Australia? My husband and I are going to Sydney in November and I am interested in trying to view some of the strollers that I have seen online, as they are not available here in Malaysia. We have Bebeconfort, but not the whole line. I am also interested in the Jane line and the new Quinny Buzz. Oh yes, and the Inglesina line. If anyone knows of top of the line stroller shops in Sydney (or Hobart) or has a friend or family member in the know, please oh please ask them about it. Thank you so very much.

Best regards,
Elizabeth
Zev's Mom

kec2003
09-30-2004, 02:57 PM
They do not, to my knowledge, carry Inglesina or Jane or Quinny in Australia. You can get Emmaljungas (full line) and Bertinis. Also, Kiwi E3 and Valco models are available.

The big store we visit when I go to see IL's in Sydney is called Babies Galore (www.babiesgalore.com.au) and they have a number of stores. Alas, it's not much more fabulous than your average Buy Buy Baby.

Good luck!

bixbie33
10-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the info, it is very helpful. Oh while I was looking at the babiesgalore site I came across Phil and Ted's new Smart Buggy. Very interesting looking. I think I'll post it for feedback!

Best regards,
Elizabeth

naomi01
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
See if there is a branch of Baby Bunting in Sydney (there are a bunch of Melbourne). They had a lovely range of strollers, including adventure buggies.

Naomi

american_mama
10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
I asked a British acquaintance who lived in Sydney for a year or two, and just moved away this spring. I asked about wide selection of strollers, including expensive ones, but based on her response, she might not have gotten the message. Here is her reply:

"I did not like the main chain Babies Galore - over priced and inexperienced shop assistants. I thought BabyCo chain was better - the shops were a bit scruffier but they had better choice at lower prices. We used Baby Things on Anzac Parade a small shop, with good advice. Also the big stores, Target, Kmart, BigW all have baby stuff at the lowest prices and often do good promotions. Garage sales are very common in Sydney and you can get good things at low prices. Hope this helps."