PDA

View Full Version : Peg Venezia or Atlantico?

readyforbaby04
09-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm a first time Mom and shopping for a stroller is a bit overwhelming! I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Albeebaby is selling a 2003 Venezia and 2003 Atlantico for almost the same price. I am thinking about purchasing one. But which should I get? I really like that the Atlantico has a parent tray, I think that feature is fairly important to me. But I also like the Venezia's reversible handle. Is the Venezia a better stroller than the Atlantico?

We will likely use the stroller for trips to the mall, outdoor fairs, day trips to Chicago, the zoo and museum, etc. We're fairly suburban and drive just about everywhere. We hope to have a second child in a couple years, so I would like the stroller to last.

I should probably add that the town I live in only sells Gracos and Evenflos. I have to drive 3 hours to Chicago to check out the Pegs, so I would be buying the stroller without test driving it first. But through all of my research, it seems a Peg Perego would be a safe choice. We have a Snap n Go to use for the first few months.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? I would really appreciate any thoughts you have! Thank you so much!

Michele

gisele
09-30-2004, 04:52 PM
I have an Atlantico and would choose it over a Venezia:

1. The parents tray is important, I get more use out of it than a reversible handle. It's because of the reversible handle that you can't put a parents tray on - it would get in the way when you reverse it.
2. The Atlantico handles much much better outdoors - cobblestones, dirt, etc. The Venezia with smaller wheels is not as good outdoors - better indoors.
3. My son is a toddler now (17 months) and it's lasted us this long. It still suits him as a toddler well.
4. If you are tall, I have heard people have trouble kicking the back of the Venezia. My husband is 6' and doesn't kick the back of the Atlantico.

heatherlynn
10-01-2004, 10:14 AM
I think the Atlantico would work for you longer than the Venezia. The reversible handle is nice, but only for so long. Before you know it, they have no interest in looking at you (my DS is almost 2 mos. and he'd rather look out than at me most of the time!).

I use my parents tray all the time and I realized it's one feature that is a must have for me in a stroller that I use regularly. The tires on the Atlantico are great for all the things you mentioned. They're big enough that they go over most everything easily, but not so big that they're a pain in smaller spaces. The steering on the Atlantico is great! And, you can steer it one-handed since it has the bar handle instead of umbrella handles.

Anyway, I love my Atlantico. I don't think I'll ever give this one up. Oh, and my DD fits in it no problem (she's almost 50#), although she doesn't ride anymore obviously!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

readyforbaby04
10-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks so much, Gisele and Heather! I was really waivering and undecided about what to do. But you convinced me! I just ordered the last 2004 Atlantico from A Running Stroller. It should arrive early next week. I can't wait!

This decision has been hanging over my head for months. But I think the Atlantico is going to be pefect!

Thanks again!

Michele

heatherlynn
10-01-2004, 04:07 PM
You're going to love it! What color did you get?

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

essnce629
10-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Another vote for the Atlantico! I have one on it's way to me too. I should get it next week. I decided to sell my Peg Roma with a reversible handle in order to fund my new Atlantico. I really liked the reversible handle for an infant and when my son was sleeping, but I'd rather have the extra features of the Atlantico. My Roma was lacking a parent tray, child's tray, and peek-a-boo window which the Atlantic has all of plus more.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

whittyanne
10-01-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't know much about the Atlantico, but I can say that I hate my Venezia! I thought I'd love the reversable handle, but I never use it - and I wish I had two handles instead of the one big one. Also, it's just too big and cumbersome, way more than I really need. And the hood is annoying.

I really wish I had gotten the Pliko - not sure that helps you but it's one opinion!