PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a stroller from a dealer on eBay?

Jilly Bean
10-02-2004, 10:54 AM
What are your experiences with buying strollers from dealers on eBay? There are 2 dealers that sell P3's - scoobyggodboy and eddiec17. Are the strollers that they sell the same ones that the retailers sell, or are they different models (like European)? Also what about warranties? Will Peg Perego still warrant them? Any other concerns?

Thanks for you help!

ksenn
10-04-2004, 08:20 PM
I actually bought my P3 last fall from eddiec17. Eddiec17 is Dmart stores actually. My stroller ended up being a "stale" product and smelled like mildew for months. Even with Fabreze (sp?) and airing out, it literaly took months for the smell to go away. I eventually washed it and it went away shortly after that.

I got a good deal at the time for it so I shouldnt have complained...but I would have liked to know ahead of time it was going to be "smelly!"

I honestly dont know about the warranty..I cant remember if I returned it or not. :(

Id just ask him first, he has pretty good feedback, so maybe mine was just a fluke.

Kristen

Mason 8
Nolan 3
Payton 19 mos

kcampo
10-04-2004, 11:40 PM
In 2002 I bought a Peg Perego Pliko and in 2003 bought a Peg Perego Duette from a dealer maxoty. I had great experiences with both transactions. The strollers were in perfect NIB condition. The ad said "aimed at European markets" but I didn't find any differences between these Peg Perego products and one I bought here. When I bought my Duette, I thought the shipping was a little slow. I guess I expected them to ship as soon as I paid. I typically pay within hours of the auction end. But the ad clearly stated "shipped within 7 days of end of auction". I was 8+ months pregnant and anxious to nest. I see auctions from this dealer every now and again. I'd definitely recommend them.

cleo27
10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I don't have experience w/ the Pegs specifically, but I just bought my Zippy from Liquidbaby on E-bay and they were awesome! Very fast and stroller was brand new in the sealed box as described. I would definitely buy from them again and would definitely buy a Zippy again! :)

HTH,

Cleo
Mama to Lindsay, 6/2/04