PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions: Peg Pliko 2002-04 differences and Silver Cross Camden

psych
10-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Still trying to find a lightweight (17 pounds MAX), easy folding stroller, with a decent basket, AND full-recline for newborns...

1. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2002 Peg Pliko, the 2003 Peg Pliko and the 2004 Peg P3?

2. Does anyone own a Silver Cross Camden? It's the same price as the Zippy and seems to have similar specs, why choose the Zippy over the Camden?

Thanks!

MamaKath
10-03-2004, 02:29 PM
are on my site (link in siggy) and are pictoral as well as written. Also written info on the different Pliko variations 2003 and prior are on the Pliko page.

Not much help on the Silver Cross Camden except that it is not an umbrella fold. Otherwise is very similar in features to the others.
HTH~

psych
10-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Kath, what a nice comparison! That helps quite a bit! Is the folding mechanism basically the same (pull up on the arm handles and then pull up the back handle)?

HGraceMom
10-03-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a Camden & absolutely adore it - I wrote a review somewhere in the archives of this board... I think we bought it just after Christmas. I chose the Camden over the zippy & Peg after much deliberation & am still happy with the purchase. The Camden can be "stripped down" for trips when you just need a stroller, nothing else (snack tray, canopy, foot cover) which makes it even lighter - the fold is larger than an umbrella, but you don't have to bend at all(!) to fold it away - it stays completely off the ground, except for the wheels when folded, great for staying dry during our slushy snowy winters. I love the basket - it can be accessed even when the seat is reclined, a huge plus b/c I don't like waking DD up by lifting her seat to grab my purse. An added bonus - the styling is great on the Camden...

Good luck - hope this helps

ShaniB123
10-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I looked at the Camden and Zippy and chose the Zippy. I thought the Camden was a bit plasticy and the wheels seemed flimsier than the Zippy's. Also, the Zippy has a signficantly easier fold. That said, the Camden's basket is more accessible.

First due in CA in October

Momof3Labs
10-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes, the fold on the P3's and older Plikos (I can vouch for 2001 and later models) is identical.

MamaKath
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Yes the fold is the same, though the system used to latch closed is different.