PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Freestyle

Ksinglet
10-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I have seen a good deal on this stroller online with free shipping and have a few questions. First, if anyone owns one or has tried it - do you prefer the 3 wheel model or 4 wheel model? Second, is this the same stroller as the jeep 3 wheeled off-road stroller which can be had for much cheaper? I have been wanting an all terrain stroller for walks on the gravel fireroad and to go to the beach and park but I cannot afford anything over $150. We have a baby jogger but I can't figure out how to collaspe it (we got it used) and it does not have swivel wheels, also it is missing the sunshade. Any thoughts on the quinny freestyle stroller would be appreciated.

redhotpepper
10-04-2004, 09:34 PM
I haven't tried the 3 wheeler but I did just purchase the 4 wheeler and I really like it so far. Be forewarned that it is heavy, ~36 pounds and it does not have a full recline. My youngest is 2 so the recline is not a big factor. I live rural and they are repaving our road so it's pretty bumpy on the shoulder but my little Miss has been very comfy. I've also pushed her back to the middle of our property on a pretty bumpy trail and she was fine. Last weekend, we went to a festival that was bumpy grass and it worked great too.

I wouldn't want to be lifting it in and out of the car a whole bunch. It does fit in the trunk of my Buick Century without taking it apart. You can pop the wheels and the seat off pretty easily.

This is certainly not the same as the Jeep stroller. It's very sturdy and well built. The basket is HUGE and can hold 11 pounds. My 22 pound peanut 2 year old climbed in the basket and didn't want to get out.

Annie

bixbie33
10-05-2004, 06:06 AM
I pushed this stroller around in a store the other day and was really impressed with it. I have seen it at such a discount online that I was very tempted to order it sight unseen. However that semi-fixed wheel gave me reservations. I didn't think it would be as easy to steer as it was. The shocks felt very nice as well. DS was to busy crawling around the store to get into the buggy, so I was unable to tell wether or not he likes the seat. It is reclined a bit and I know that he prefers to sit upright. I think I'll go back in a few weeks and have him sit in it. If he likes it I think the price online is a steal. A coulldn't believe the price tag here in Malaysia (3,800 RM), that's $1000.00 USD. I almost wondered if it was a different stroller, b/c it goes by the name Quinny Formula 3 and the sales lady said it was 10 kg (roughly 22 pounds). I went home and looked it up and found that it has to be the 2004 model as the 2005 model has a swivel front wheel. So do you think she was wrong about thw eight?

Best,
Elizabeth

sobers3
10-05-2004, 08:03 AM
I thought I saw someone on Swap make mention of a Toddler Seat for the Quinny. Does anyone know if there is one available and of so for which model?

Ksinglet
10-05-2004, 03:17 PM
The one I am looking at has something called the "tilt" wheel system. Not sure what that means. I have seen the Quinny at babycenter for around $300. The one I am looking at is for $150 with freeshipping. $1000 seems like a lot. Does everything there have such a huge markup? I am not sure what the weight is but I expect that it is a lot heavier than my Combi Savona which is very lightweight but worthless on the beach.

bixbie33
10-06-2004, 12:46 AM
the markup here is usually 20-30%. Not over 300%. I think they must be crazy or have it mispriced. I have seen it for 150 USD online as well. I think that site lists it as 35 pounds. I don't think the wheels are quite 16 inches though and isn't that the minimum for beach strolling? Correct me if I am wrong, b/c I would like to know.

Best,
Elizabeth

strollerqueen
10-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Quinny was split into two lines; one made in China, one made in Europe. The China-made ones are the less expensive, and way heavier models, sold at BRU. The European ones are lighter, better quality, and a lot pricier.

bixbie33
10-07-2004, 10:49 AM
So that might explain the difference between the formula 3 and the freestyle 3? 22 pounds vs 35 pounds and $300 vs $1000.00 (ack, that is still very high. for that price it should weigh 5 pounds and make baby food).

So is it safe to say that the stroller i pushed here in Malaysia is easier to push and steer?

Elizabeth

Ksinglet
10-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Strollerqueen, Do you know from which line the 3 wheeled freestyle is? That is, where is it made? Does it make a difference if the stroller is touted as Max-Cosi or Cosco. I have seen both on line and they appear identical. I think I read somewhere that Cosco purchased this line but I am wondering if the quality, etc is still the same. Thank for any info you can provide. I am still obsessing on the dumb stroller.

ksenn
10-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I actually emailed one of the sellers on Ebay about the weight and where it was made on the Quinny 4 they were selling. He said that the stroller only weighed about 15lbs, but wasnt sure offhand where it was made. Now, there's a huge difference between 15 (not likely, I know) and the 35lbs some say it weighs,even if you are just guessimating. Could these actually be the European ones selling for so cheap?

I also saw on Babycenter that they had "swivel" wheeled ones now for $299..these definately are the heavy and cheaper ones.