PDA

View Full Version : Peg Atlantico

ksenn
10-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Is this better for neighborhood walking than the P3? I have a P3 which I love, but I really dont like it for walking around the neighborhood with those handles. My daughter recently HATES being in any stroller other than the P3. We have several other jogging (BOB single jogger and a double swivel wheel jogger) and umbrella(SC Micro) strollers and she screams every time we put her in it. I was thinking that if I could find something similar to the P3 that was better for walking, larger tires and one handle, she might actually let me go.

I have looked at many other strollers, but this is the only one that seems to be like it without adding a bunch of weight. I looked at something like the Quinny, but not sure about those tilt tires and the weight (ugghh). I think she prefers now something with a napper/snack tray and NOT a sling seat (I added the napper back on my double jogger and she still hated it)

I really need to go walking! Please help!

Any advice??

Also, if its a Atlantic is a better choice, anyone have a used one? I just would not be able to convince my husband to buy another brand new stroller for us to "try" out with her. We just bought a brand new BOB Ironman stroller and she just screams...its on swap if anyone is interested.

TIA

Kristen

Mason 8
Nolan 3
Payton 19mos

Mikesa3
10-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Just curious,why don't you like walking with the umbrella handles?Is it the angle of the handles or that they aren't cushioned? I'm wondering if anyone has tried soft hand grips or something similiar to make the handles more comfortable.I don't own a P3 yet so I don't know.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

essnce629
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
The atlantico has larger wheels than the P3 (1 1/2 inches bigger I think) and is labeled as an all-terrain stroller so I'm sure it works better over cracks, uneven ground, etc. I have a 2001 pliko and an atlantico on the way (should be here this week). I test drove the atlantico in the store and it did steer better than the P3. They have them on ebay all the time for $199 (usually in the metropolis fabric). Also, if you have a local craigslist, post a wanted ad for an atlantico. I did and had someone email me who was selling theirs. But I ended up buying mine from a fellow board member and swapper who had hers for sale on ebay. I'm getting the Aurora fabric one that also comes with a boot.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

ksenn
10-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks Latia. I recently found that "darn" craigslist site everyone has been talking about and now I cant stop just looking for "whatever". :)

I love my P3, but it seem like the times I have taken it for a walk around my neighborhood, my back is killing me that night. Im not a tall person, so must just be pushing it different since it has the umbrella handles..I dont know.

Sounds like from what Ive read, it would be pretty comparable, if not better for me outside.