PDA

View Full Version : Need Volo help!

journey4justice
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM
I just bought a used 2003 Volo in Iris. I want to buy the accessory pack for it. Does anyone know if I need to find a 2003 accessory pack, or will a 2004 pack fit okay? Were there any changes between the 2003 and 2004 versions? I just want to make sure that the canopy and rain cover will fit okay.

I bought the Iris cause I liked the way the color looked online but now I'm worried that it might be too "purpleish". Is it s true bright blue? Or is my ds going to look funny in a purple stroller?

I have a MBUS and I've been debating over which lightweight to buy for awhile now. My dilemma is that we will be going on a trip to Amesterdam (planned for January) and I will need something that is compact for public transport and small shops but can handle rough terrain (cobblestone). Our plans were not definite on when we would go so I decided to just buy the used Volo for the meantime and then worry about something to better handle terrain when the times comes. So right after I sent the paypal funds for the volo, dh walks into the room and says "Why don't we fly over to Amsterdam for Thansgiving too?" GRR! So now I have a volo coming and I have a MBUS and neither will work for the trip!

newmomto1
10-09-2004, 01:36 AM
I have a 2003 Maclaren catalog here & compared the stroller measurements to the 2004 on the Maclaren website...they ARE different:
WEIGHT: 2003=8.4lbs 2004=9.2lbs
HANDLE HEIGHT: 2003=40.9" 2004=41"
OPEN WIDTH: 2003=18.7" 2004=19"
LENGTH (FOLDED): 2003: 40.2" 2004=41"
I have a 2004 Volo & I purchased the accessory pack from babyage.com. When I was shopping for accessory kits I never saw one with the year of it listed. I can tell you that the first accessory pack I ordered from babiesrus.com WAS different. The canopy connected to the stroller in a very insecure way & slipped off very easily. Also, there were no "clamps" on the sides of the canopy to keep it extended. Here's a pic of that one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000088UO9/104-3856411-3812731?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures
I was very disappointed, but then noticed that other reviews I read said wonderful things about the accessory pack...so I decided to order another one somewhere else thinking that I just got a "lemon" the first time.
The second one I ordered (which I have now) is AWESOME! The canopy connects very securely to the stroller, has clamps on the sides, & provides a lot of shade!
Maybe other people reading this can shed some light on whether the original one that was sent to me was a 2003 (or maybe even older??)
The one I have now is great, if you can get one like it & it would fit your stroller I would definitely invest in it...if your only option is the other one, I wouldn't get it (JMO)
HTH a little :-)