PDA

View Full Version : Venezia, carseats and travel system delimas

starfish03
10-09-2004, 10:20 AM
After much deliberation, I have decided to get a Perego Venezia stroller. I'm very comfortable with this choice, but my delima comes in deciding on a carseat.

Is it going to be important for me to get the Perego carseat so that it can attach? It is so expensive - esp for the reviews I have seen. How much will I miss this "travel system" function?

I have concluded that most of our stroller usage will consist of neighborhood walks, museum/festival type trips, occassional mall trips and the like. I'm not a big shopper and we aren't likely to run a bizillion errands in one day.

Thanks for any input and recommendations!

hardysmom
10-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm about to list a NIB Venezia/Milano carseat adapter on ebay. Peg used to have a universal adapter (until 2002?) before they started pushing their own seats. You might ask if it will work on the '04-'05 Venezia...

To be honest, I used a FP Stay in View in my Milano w/o the adapter and it felt secure. That is why I never opened the adapter's box.

Email me if you are interested.

Stephanie
[email protected]

Momof3Labs
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
You need to pick the car seat that fits your car best, fits your baby best, and will be easiest for you to use correctly every time. The travel system function is most useful when you are running errands - in and out of the car. If you are at the mall all day or walking the neighborhood, you can just put your baby directly in the stroller.

That said, the Venezia will hold most infant seats. You might want to add a luggage strap to keep the seat secure.

tinkerbell1217
10-09-2004, 05:17 PM
I 2nd that. Use the stroller by itself as much as possible. Quick 10 minute trips into stores or running errands will be great with a "travel system", but not long mall trips and neighborhood walks. Oh, I don't think the newer Pegs accept the old car seat adapters either. Buy a good, safe car seat that fits the car best. I wouldn't worry about having a "travel system".