PDA

View Full Version : which one would you pick, aria twin, peg duette, peg tender twin?

sams mommy
10-09-2004, 05:55 PM
its for my almost 4 yearold that still oves the stroller and abouta 6 month old.

i am looking for a cheaper used one- because given the age of my son- i think his riding days will be numbered soon-

i would love a mb- but my husband ssid i was nuts!!!

thanks for your help

donna jean
mommy to sam
waiting for referral od baby girl from korea

tinkerbell1217
10-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Tender Twin as long as your 4 yo will fit (isn't too heavy). You will have full recline for the 6 mo in back, and partial recline for the 4yo in front. He will still be able to ride sitting in the stroller and you will have cushy seats (Peg seats are so nice and plush!). There is a decent basket and its a sturdy stroller. It IS heavy though. Just keep that in mind! Lots of luck!

shyviolet
10-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, this is not a cheap option, but you could get a Valco Runabout single with a toddler seat. It'll last your longer than a double, though, since when your DS does not want to ride any longer you can always use it as a single. It is similar to the MBUS, but with the toddler seat, you can add space for your older child when he wants to ride, or take it off/fold it down and have just a single stroller. I don't know the weight limit on the toddler seat, so you'd want to make sure your DS isn't too heavy since he's already 4. This way, though, you'd still have a great stroller to use as a single with your new babe even when your DS doesn't want to ride anymore.

kcampo
10-11-2004, 02:42 AM
I've got a Duette, but am not using it because DS #1 @ 36lbs & DS# 2 @ 22 lbs combined make it REALLY hard to manuever. I would recommend it only if you have twins or siblings close in age.

If DH won't go for a MB, then he definitely won't go for a valco, especially when you add the price of a toddler seat it will cost you more than a MB. Many people have recommended a Peg Perego Micro Twin. Its a side by side that reclines fully & folds compactly. It has been discontinued for a few years, but people have reported finding them on Craigslist.org & garage sales for anywhere between $15 to $75. Definitely easier to swallow especially since you'll only be using it a short while.

shyviolet
10-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Kiwi-kid.com has the single Valco w/toddler seat for $415, cheaper than the MBUD and the Duette, and not much more expensive than the Tender Twin. I think the MBUD is close to $600 everywhere I've seen it. I've found that Kiwi-kid has the best price on the Valco. They seem to be more expensive elsewhere.

sams mommy
10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
thank you for your suggestions- now which one to pick!!
i am going to have to sprend more time researching the web and then try to find one in person- sometimes that is the hard part...

thanks again

donna jean