PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Kicking Infant in SBS Twin Traveller

4candes
10-12-2004, 01:04 AM
I just bought a Mac Twin Traveller and my 20 month old is kicking my 4 month old. Her legs reach all the way up to my 4 month olds face. Although she enjoys chewing on her older sisters feet, I don't think she will like it when she has dirty boots on this winter. They are both buckled in with harnesses. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas for solutions?

MamaParis
10-12-2004, 01:26 PM
I used to have a 2003 twin traveller but gave it away to my SIL (she needed it more than I did at the time! But now that I have 2 kids I wish I had kept it!) ... anyway I use it on occasion when visiting her and have found that my 20 month old DD will pick on her 3 month old brother in the seat next to her. She'll kick him and poke him .... the only thing that stops her is some good ole fashioned discipline!! :)

The only double stroller my DD won't bother her brother in is in our Kiwi E3 (because the seat is behind her and really far out of her reach) and I am currently looking into the pram-style strollers with the toddler seat attachment (so she's be far enough up and away from him to leave him alone!)

I have found that she bothers her brother in just about every double stroller out there! Which is one reason why we got the Kiwi E3 and will likely be getting another with the toddler seat attachment instead of the traditional double strollers. I rally wanted to get a Peg Perego Duette, but when DD was in the back seat she'd kick her brothers seat and lean forward and try to grab him (since the front seat was layong down flat, it wasn't all that hard ... and when she was in front she'd turn around and scream to try to get to him.

So basically, the only thing you can do is discipline her and teach her not to kick her sibling ... My DD is getting better about doing it when she rides in the TT ... and I'm just waiting for DS to get big enough to fight back ... ohh man, watch out! :)

Paris

4candes
10-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks so much for your feedback! It helped me realize I am probably not going to find a STROLLER to help the situation ( other than the Kiwi). I appreciate your time. Wendy