PDA

View Full Version : Carry-cot on Valco or MBUS- how long can a baby be in it?

yaelt16
10-12-2004, 05:53 PM
My baby is already two months old ( at one month he was almost 11 pounds- gained 3 pounds in first month) I haven't had his two month check-up yet- so not sure how much he has grown. I am planning on purchasing the Valco Runabout or the Mountain Buggy Urban single- and not sure if it is worth it to buy the bassinet feature- i want it for walks etc- so that he can feel more comfy and not so confined by straps- he hates them. I have searched the message board for some feedback and still not clear on what to do? Any advice from anyone who has used the bassinet feature and how long they used it- how tall and how much did baby weigh when it got too big, did the baby not like being in it at a certain point etc.- ?????

Dcclerk
10-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Sorry-- I just saw this. We have a bassinette for our MB, and I think that we could only use it until DS was 4 mos. old. I LOVED it, but I think, even if your babe is on the smaller side, the lifespan for the bassinette is too short to be practical for you. My DS is very tall and was quite long so that was also about the time when he outgrew his snugride, if that could give you a basis for comparison to your situation. Godd luck in your decision.