PDA

View Full Version : What double strollers would fit in the trunk of a Saturn?

mollyi
10-14-2004, 05:44 PM
I am really getting desperate for a double stroller at this point. I have been researching them for almost a year now - and Ben is now 3 months old - and I still haven't gotten one. :( Now I have strained my back/neck so I can't even carry Ben in the Bjorn because it hurts too much - so I am even more desperate for a double stroller so we can get out and at least go to the mall or take a walk.

I have come to the conclusion that there is not a "perfect" double stroller for me. It is really hard to try to figure out which of my criteria are most important. But one criteria that the stroller will have to meet is that it must fit in the trunk of my car! :) There is a minivan in my future, but probably not until next summer - so I need a double stroller that folds up pretty small because the Saturn trunk is not too roomy, to say the least. (My Combi Convenience single stroller takes up about the whole trunk!) Anyways, I figure I have to eliminate any stroller that wouldn't fit in my car - so this is a place to start. Then I can go from there in terms of other criteria. Any advice would really be appreciated!

ETA - Unfortunately I don't have too many options to buy a stroller where I live - just one lame Babies R Us. So I am probably going to have to order this stroller online, sight unseen. :(

MorganMom
10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
I totally understand where you're coming from! I drive a PT Cruiser and with two carseats in the back, my P3 *barely* fits. I was really concerned about finding a double that would fit!

I've tried the following in my car and all of them fit one way or another (sometimes you gotta be creative about how you put the stroller in):

SBS doubles:
Peg Perego AriaTwin (fit standing up but not laying down)
Combi Twin (fits laying down)

Singles + Toddler Seat doubles:
Phil & Teds E3 (fit laying down only after I took the toddler seat off)
Valco Runabout single + toddler seat (fits *perfectly* laying down, with room to spare, even w/the toddler seat attached)
*I ended up buying the Valco and have done a review w/pics on this board*

What def. DID NOT fit:
MBUD- no way, no how!
Peg Perego Duette (tandem or front/back stroller)
Graco DuoGlider (which not only didn't fit, but was a pain to steer and fold!)

You can measure your trunk's usable space and look up the dimensions of strollers you are interested in. That's what I did....I didn't actually get know that the Valco would fit in my car till after I ordered it. I never got to see one IRL! LOL So I took a chance but my measurements ended up right!

HTH

Mommy2calebnAidan
10-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I have a Dodge Neon...
I did own a 2004 Aria twin, it fit nicely and was easy to get in and out of the trunk. I sold that because I thought that a Maclaren fold would take up less trunk space, unfortunatly the Opus Duo I bought is all most to long for the trunk! If you can go for a Rally twin, it is a few inches shorter then the Twin Traveller. I am thinking about getting one. Good luck!! Keep us posted :)
Jennifer