PDA

View Full Version : Valco Twin Review - She's a Keeper!

McQ
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Tonight we took the Valco out for a test spin. And I LOVE it.

Pros:
Steers like a dream - even one handed.
Pushes with ease - I swear it did not feel like I was pushing 70 pounds.
No trouble on sidewalks, grass or hills and I even popped a few wheelies on some curbs.
She's a beaut.

Cons:
None so far.

The neatest feature that I liked was the huge peek-a-boo window on the top of the canopy. I had it rolled up and I could see both the tots. Including the time Declan dropped his snack trap in Meghan's lap. Declan also liked to look up at me and squeal "hi" while poking the mesh. I really enjoyed being able to see them.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14952.jpg

Eileen - Declan can hold onto the napper bar when he's in the second most upright position (didn't try the others). Also the napper bar is adjustable to five different positions by pushing buttons on both outbound sides (adults can do it, but not the kids). The highest position was up by his chest and the lowest down by his knees. Check out his leg room in the pics. He was 31 inches and change last month at the doctor's. The Valco has much more leg room than the ABC. I think this is because of the sloped W on the Valco.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14953.jpg

Let me know if there are any other questions. So far I'm really happy with this purchase.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

houseof3boys
10-14-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm so glad you love it! You made a great choice for you guys. Is it so much easier to push than the ABC?

C99
10-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Allison,

How's the fold?

nathansmom
10-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Oh I'm in love with the red check. That was the only thing holding me back on the stroller was I wanted red. Now to get the money to buy it.
Thanks Allison!!!!!!!!

lowfatmuffin
10-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the great review! I had a question - I'm looking to buy the single, I'm pregnant with my first, due in January. Do you think that the bassinette feature is necessary for a newborn or that a newborn can lay in the stroller without it? Thanks in advance!

shyviolet
10-15-2004, 12:59 AM
It's beautiful! Is it the same shade of red as the single Valco? I wonder why they call one Cherry Red and the other Red Check? I just can't wait for my single Valco to get here, after seeing all these positive Valco reviews, I know I made the right decision!

shyviolet
10-15-2004, 01:04 AM
The recline is flat enough to be suitable for a newborn. I think the bassinet is a personal preference, but not necessary. There's also carseat adaptor bars available for $40 that will fit Graco's and Peg Perego's, if you wanted to go that route. I'm thinking they just recently came out with that, so I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't heard about it.

JennsBabySky
10-15-2004, 01:09 AM
I love the red!

The fold is fairly simple, but it is still quite large. I need to take off all 4 wheels for it to fit in my trunk. Any specific ?s

catfeet
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Look at that gorgeous red! If I'd known they had that color when I purchased, I'd have been sorely tempted! Wow, that's beautiful color..

Ann

annasmom
10-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Allison, Thanks for the info! The Valco just seems SO nice! Is it just me, or is it really plush. It seems so from the pictures. And, Meghan looks so cozy!!I am going to have to reread strollerqueen's review of the 2005's to decide whether I should wait, or try to get a deal at year end. Thanks again! Eileen

nan
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Allison,
I'm so glad to hear the great review!!! If November would just get here already, I could get up to CT and take mine for a spin.
(and aren't your kiddos just super-stylin!)
--Nancy

McQ
10-15-2004, 09:05 PM
The ABC seemed to push easy too. But I didn't take it outside since I was returning it. My guess is they are about even.

Allison

McQ
10-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't think the fold is too bad. I know it's a bit funky at first but it makes it easy to lift. I had a hard time with the ABC (weight distribution). Plus the Valco has straps/claps to keep it folded.

When does your ABC get here?

Allison

McQ
10-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Rodney (kiwi-kids) has the red for $490 - that's the cheapest I found. ababy.com has the blue and black for $430, but their site didn't show the red :(

Allison

McQ
10-15-2004, 09:17 PM
You can totally get by without the bassinet. The seat lays flat enough for a newborn. Plus it comes with the headrest thingie.

Allison

McQ
10-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh it is really plush. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

Allison

ksenn
10-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Allison,

You mentioned the recline..that Declan can hold onto the napper bar in the 2nd recline position. Is the first one pretty upright like a regular stroller? I need a new walking stroller but my daughter loves to sit up (completely and hold on to her snack tray on our P3, but I dont like it for exercise walking) but my other jogger type strollers lay back to far even in their upmost position and she doesnt want to go anywhere in them anymore. Id love to find something like these to use, but they would need to be very upright just in case she does want to rest up against something.

TIA--Your stroller is SO neat!

McQ
10-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes, the first position is upright like a regular stroller.

I measured the distance between the back of the seat to the napper bar and it's 9 1/2 inches. But the napper bar is adjustable to 5 different positions so you can raise it up so it's only 7 1/2 inches from the back of the seat. HTH.

I think it's pretty neat too!

Allison