PDA

View Full Version : Help me again- twin strollers

nathansmom
01-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Okay so my twins are now almost 5 weeks old and I still need a stroller. I think we've decided to choose between the Bertini twin or the Valco twin. The MBUD was in the running but I've decided that I need a more plush stroller. So does anyone have any pros or cons on the Bertini or valco to help me make my decision. I won't be able to try any irl because no one carries them here where I live. Thanks.

parker10302
01-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Not sure how much help this might be, but we have the single Bertini Bidwell steerable pram. I love it so much that it never comes close to our garage, only the living room for this stroller!! We walk with this stroller often in our neighborhoods (that is when I'm not on bedrest!) and it is also fantastic for days at the zoo or Disneyland. I have also taken it to the mall and it manuevers wonderfully through the aisles, but it is a beast to get in and out of our SUV. As the single is so heavy and cumbersome, I can't imagine the twin version.

We are seriously considering the Valco twin for our two girls(#2 due 5/6/05) I hope that this is more feasible to pull in and out of a vehicle than our Bertini is...

Hope that helps a bit,
Nicole

hobzoo
01-23-2005, 08:54 AM
the valco would probably be great for you also because you can usethe toddler seat for your older child!

about the Bertini, forget it if its so heavy. what a hassle. i have 7 mos. dd twins and a 2yo dd and convenience is so important!

I originally had the Graco duo glider and it suited the pupose ...just put the car seats in for getting in and out of the car easily , without waking up babies. But now that they are sitting up and looking around I have sold the GRACO ...not so comfortable for just sitting (recline is just not right) and am buying something else ..looking at perego aria twin and Really thinking of the VALCO with toddler seat.

If I were you , starting over , though, I would get the Universal car seat carrier double...it is inexpensive and in the first 6 months to 7 you will probably be transporting the babies in their carseats...then you can easily re-sell it and by 6-7 months know exactly what you want/need. (what type of use you will mostly need)

Anyway, just my opinion ..hope it helps a little...

Anyone know where you can see a Valco in person? I live in Indiana...or is it just internet..?

karen

Mum-of-3-Lil-Herberts
01-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I had the Bertini Twin and had it for a short while when my son was first born, It was very heavy compared to My single bertini with the toddler seat (which I love and still have) It did push like a dream but it did not go through the snow very well especially here in ontario where you need a good snow beast :) Overall it was more stroller than I needed and just hard to get in the car and not to mention you have to take the bassinet/seats off to fold the frame, and this thing is not light. I just purchased the Valco Runabout twin I have not received it yet but have herd great things about them and you can fold it without taking it appart.

I used a graco duo glider mainly for the first 3 months I would put my son in his carseat in the back and my 12 month old in the front but when he outgrow the caseat this stroller was not so great and hard to steer. I would get a cheap stroller you can keep the twins in their carseats for the first little while then mabye a Valco twin or Mac TT depending on your needs.

Victoria Mummy of Lila 05/99
Riley 09/2002
Tommy 10/2003