PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive stroller for tall 3 year-old/suggestions needed...

lindsey
01-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi! I am looking for a stroller for my 3-year old and I need to keep it under $100. Does anyone have suggestions? It needs to be able to recline at least a little and needs a canopy. We have an old inexpensive stroller and her legs are too long for the foot-rests. I would also like it to fold up fairly small and not be too heavy. Any help you have would be greatly appreciated!!

momathome
01-23-2005, 09:44 AM
The Right Start has a Maclaren Triumph on sale right now for $100 - it has a hood, reclines, a tall back, and folds up very small. My dd when she was 5 could still fit in our Maclaren. If your local Right Start does not have any in stock, call the Right Start in King of Prussia, PA - they defintely had it. HTH!

Momof3Labs
01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Except the Triumph has a VERY shallow seat - too shallow for a tall toddler (like mine).

momathome
01-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Hmm, can't say I realized that. I knew it didn't have an extended footrest but I thought the seat itself was normal-sized. I guess I should have clarified that when my dd was 5, she fit nicely in the Vogue. I just thought it was a great deal for a Triumph.

journey4justice
01-23-2005, 04:51 PM
My son just turned 3 and is tall for his age (39 inches). I've found that the biggest problem with umbrella strollers is that his legs are so long that his feet can somtimes touch the wheels. This can be REALLY annoying!

Stay away from the Chico Tuscany and the Combi Savvys. These two are definitely not for taller children! Jagger's feet completely touched the wheels in the Tuscany and his head touches the top of the canopy in the Savvy.

I would suggest the Maclaren Quest. We tried the Triumph and the seat was too shallow for him. But the Quest worked really well. It has a nice canopy and is lightweight and folds compactly. You can find great deals on the '04 models right now. May take you a few dollars over your $100 limit, but the Maclarens have good resale value so you can always resell it when your daughter is done riding!

Tondi G
01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
What about going on stroller swap and seeing if anyone has a used Mac Quest or Vogue they would like to part with? Even a used Pliko?

How about a Chicco??? The chicco Tuscany on BRU.com looks nice and it's only 80 bucks!

or the Inglesina Swift... don't know about either one of these strollers but might be worth having a look at cause they are both under 100 bucks!

Good Luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05