PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Swift, PP Aria, Maclaren Techo XT - durability?

nycmom13
01-23-2005, 11:01 AM
NYC mom of toddler - Maclaren Global has tragically died and in desperate need of substitute. How would you rate the durability of Inglesina Swift, PP Aria, Maclaren Techno XT? Or other suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

ilovelily
01-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Did you like your Global? Would you get another? They have some really sharp 2005 colors coming out, it's on their website. Aria is lightweight but I think it's the least durable of the ones you listed, especially for the city. I would say the Techno or the Swift, but if you liked the Mac you had then stay with the Techno. Have you tried any of them yet? Because depending on your height and stride, you may need another Mac regardless...they are great for tall parents!

shahope
01-23-2005, 11:06 PM
I have a Global and absolutely LOVE it, sorry yours died- How long did you have it? I was looking for another stroller, so I fiqured I stay with a Maclaren because I have had good luck with it. I wanted the Techno, but decided against it because I didn't feel it was as comfortable as the Global- I am only 5'2" and it seemed like I was to short for the handles.

Good Luck

nycmom13
01-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Now considering other options (will submit separate posting about this in a moment). I wasn't too pleased with the Global. We had it 2 years and 2 months. The the canopy got faded in the sun and it was increasingly difficult to push (probably because the frame got bent!). If I had to do it again I would have gotten the snap and go for when dd was an infant and gotten a normal stroller. I have concerns about the durability of maclarens.

ctc221
01-23-2005, 11:57 PM
We're also in NYC and we've been using our Techno XT for a 1 1/2 years. We use it all the time. Seems rather durable so far. The only problem we had was some squeakiness in the beginning, but silicone spray took care of that.

However, there were issues last year about wheels popping off and such. I was at BBB one day last summer, and a man was returning his newly bought Techno for that reason and the sales person reported that he had been seeing a lot of that. There was even an article about it in The Daily News (or maybe the Post, can't remember). Hopefully, Maclaren has resolved those issues.

I've considered getting a lighter stroller like the Swift or a Combi, but I wasn't sure how durable it would be in the city. So we've stuck with our Techno XT.