PDA

View Full Version : quest vs. triumph

first_timer
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm currently using a Peg Venezia which I love, but I'd also like something more light weight for the spring. It will be used mostly on pavement and indoors.

What are the difference between the Mac Quest and Triumph? Are there any other light weights I should consider instead? Maybe a Combi?
Thanks.

jse107
01-25-2005, 10:36 AM
I have a PP Atlantico and just got a new lightweight for the very same reason. After researching and test driving, we decided on the Mac Quest. It's on sale and BuyBuy Baby now for $129! We couldn't pass it up--it was even less than the Triumph. My 5 month-old seems very comfortable in it, and it's super easy to manuever and fold. It's got a nice leg rest and canopy. I would definately recommend it--you can even order it online from BBB.

twofallbabies
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi there,
I own a Quest, so I'm biased towards it, of course. The differences that swayed me to the Quest were the deeper recline, which is a must for my 2 year old, who does rest or sleep fairly often in his stroller. The Triumph seems to be notorious for it's shallow seat, which many children find to be uncomfortable. The Quest has a extendable legrest, which the Triumph lacks, and my DS enjoys having. We've been using a P3 for about 8 months, and 2 Plikos for a year before that, so we were pretty well spoiled by the recline and legrest features, as I'm thinking you might be as well. :)

It may also depend on your child. How old s/he is, whether s/he naps in the stroller, etc. With the price of the 2004 Quests right now, I don't think you can go wrong with it, and you can always resell it on Stroller Swap if you find it's not for you. (Link to Swap: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP)

Hope this helps!

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
27+ months

first_timer
01-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Thank you! I have to get to BBB while they are still on sale. Thanks for the tip!

heidi_timms
01-26-2005, 01:34 AM
I love my Quest too, especially with the legrest.

I got mine from any ebay seller babysurplus, which is Albee's baby store in NY. They had some great prices as well if the ones at BBB are off of sale.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

first_timer
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
I bought the Quest in Denim Check (?) over the weekend at BBB for $129. What a great deal. Thanks to all for the advice! I really like it.