PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Swift owners: how lightweight is the Swift?

jbowman
01-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone! I currently have a P3, which I love, but sometimes it's just too heavy and cumbersome. I need an "ultra" lightweight stroller for traveling (and have been following Shannon's thread about travel strollers). I've been e-mailing with Marilyn at A Running Stroller--and going back and forth between a SC Micro & Inglesina Swift. I just can't decide. I've read some negative reviews of the Micro & some great reviews of the Swift. I guess my question is: how light is the Swift (I know it's about 11 pounds), but does it feel noticeably lighter than the P3?

I will be using the stroller primarily indoors and it will "live" in my car for quick trips and for travel. TIA! I appreciate all advice!

ColorBlue
01-24-2005, 10:56 PM
I dont have the p3 but I do have the swift and its ridiculously light. I had a very lightweight combi before this and the swift is like lifting nothing! I can't think it would be much heavier than a really cheap umbrella stroller.

Tracy

Grace-- my big three year old girl
Ella and Madeline--my little three month old girls!

HGraceMom
01-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I looked at both & chose the Micro - no regrets. The Swift isn't nearly as compact a fold as the Micro, and when I have a toddler on one arm, every extra pound makes a difference to carry.

This is my stroller "solely" for airplane travel / an upcoming trip to Disney and 15 minute trips where I need DD strapped in, but don't want my bigger all-day outing stroller. Working with Marilyn was great - she helped me make the Micro decision.

jbowman
01-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Thank you both for your input. I am basically looking for an "airplane" stroller & something for spontaneous trips to the mall, etc. Maybe the SC does fit the bill! Off to bug Marilyn a little more!