PDA

View Full Version : Baby Uncomfortable in Volo... Replacement Suggestions?

AvasMama
01-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Lately Ava seems miserable when I put her in the Volo. She's restless and wants to get out after 10 min. Our main stroller is a Bugaboo, and she likes that so we use that 95% of the time.

But, we are moving in a couple of weeks and I plan to keep the Bugaboo in the house for walking around town, which we will be doing almost daily. I was going to leave the Volo in the car for mall trips and that sort of thing, but I am thinking I need to get something else that Ava will be more comfortable in. What would you suggest? Some things I have looked at... SC Micro (just so I could get the pink!), Inglesina Zippy or Swift, another Mac (Techno?).

Thanks!
Robyn & Ava

sugarsnappea
01-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Do you have an insert for it? Noraa seems to be content in the Volo only with an insert. I am the one who has a problem with our Volo! The SC Micro is so darn cute, but I don't know about the comfort level... :)

dules
01-26-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd get her something cushier than the Micro...and get a pink insert/liner! (There are several moms on Stroller SWAP who make precious custom liners and cosytoes).

If you got a Zippy or P3 she'd certainly be riding in style and comfort. They might seem a bit heavy for the car though? In which case a Techno or Quest might be better.

Sophie's just a month older than Ava, and if it were me I'd be looking for some degree of comfort (seat, extendable legrest) and recline, even for a car stroller.

Just my $.02!

Best,
Mary

AvasMama
01-26-2005, 02:01 PM
What kind of insert do you have? I am using the seat pad thingy that came in the accessories kit. I also have a Bundle Me Big (in pink!) that I could use now, but what about the summer?

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will look at the Techno and Quest. Anything else you would recommend? I am thinking I would like something that can recline a little.

Robyn & Ava

dules
01-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Hmmm, I also love my Z Street. There are a couple of red ones on SWAP, and you can get them on EBay but I think the only colors are CoolZone (which is for warm climates) and mustard yellow which may or may not be your style.

The Swing (also Zooper) replaced the Z Street in 2004 and they are clearanced now around $160 - 180 I think. Supposedly the Swing fixed the problem with the hood not providing adequate sun protection (and it came in some really cute colors).

My Z is navy and I added a navy Protect a Bub. It came with boot, rain cover, basket and car seat adaptor...not bad for the price and it has held up well. I also find Zoopers more padded than Macs (but not as padded, and the fabrics are not as nice, as PPs and Inglesinas).

I debated between this and the P3/Zippy for a long time, and finally decided to spend the extra $100 on the walking stroller budget and save some $$ on the car stroller.

What color Bugaboo do you have? There's been quite a debate on SWAP lately about whether it's as good a toddler stroller as it is an infant stroller...are you thinking Ava's going to outgrow it?

Best,
Mary

P.S. I also have a gorgeous older (but new with tags) plaid mac on SWAP if you're interested in one of those...UK made, not made in China.

AvasMama
01-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks. I will check all these out. Great suggestions! As you can see, my expertise in clothes does not extend to strollers :)

I have a black Bugaboo and I LOVE it, both as an infant stroller and now as a toddler stroller. I think Ava has plenty of growing room left in it and she seems very happy in it. The only reason I am considering a new stroller is the upcoming change in our lifestyle. Instead of a suburban lifestyle like we have now where we drive everywhere, we are moving to an area where we will mostly walk everywhere. So the Bugaboo will live in the house and be used for walking and the Volo, or whatever I get to replace it, will live in the car for those times when I do drive somewhere (like, I don't know, Janie & Jack? :) ).

Robyn & Ava

strollerqueen
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Lots of little babies are uncomfortable in the Volo. Depending upon her age, how about the new pink Techno Classic? It is SO cute! The Zippy is great for younger babies, too!

strollerqueen
01-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh, and I love the new Mod Quest in rose/pink, too! :)

AvasMama
01-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh wow, those are both gorgeous!!! That may be exactly what I need!!

Robyn & Ava

journey4justice
01-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Are the mod Quests in the stores yet? If not, do you know a date?

MarisaSF
01-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Jenn-
My Mod Quest (DH and I compromised on Shale (green/gray) shipped from Marilyn at arunningstroller yesterday. Can't wait to get it!
Cheers!

parker10302
01-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know where online you can see a pic of the pink Techno classic?

Thanks,
Nicole

strollerqueen
01-27-2005, 12:36 AM
www.maclarenbaby.com

sugarsnappea
01-27-2005, 07:34 AM
I use the snuzzler that Marilyn gave me with my MBUD. It definitely won't work for summer. But, for winter it keeps her tush warm and is quite cushy. :)