PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Liberty Urban Terrain: Some questions?

SashaBear
01-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I was thinking about getting one of these strollers but I have some questions. It would be great if you can help me out!

Can you use them with an infant? Or do you have to wait until baby is 6 months old? It has a reclining seat (only two positions) but I wasn't sure. Their website does not state any age requirements.

How well does yours do in stores? It would be great if I could use this in a mall as well as outdoors!

Is there a big difference between the Regular and the Limited edition strollers? I like the looks of the Limited but its about $40 more than the regular addition. How did you decide between the two?

Do you consider these a lightweight stroller? The website lists them as weighing 26-27 pounds. Is that a lot?

Starla
edd 3.28.05

snowangel
01-26-2005, 07:17 PM
I had this stroller for a while. I don't know the age requirements, but my DS rode in this from three months on. It does not have a full recline. It has the string for the recline, so it is similar to the Graco Metrolite that way.

This stroller is NOT for stores. It is huge, big, heavy and wide. I took it to the mall once and never again!

It is, however, a wonderful outdoor stroller. We used it at the Zoo a lot and through the slush and snow. I also bought a big sleeping bag type thing for him to snuggle in and it fit in great.

This is NOT a lightweight stroller. It is pretty much a beast IMO.

The one thing DS didn't like about it was that it doesn't have a 90 degree seat, for him to sit straight up. He LOVED the steering wheel though. Lots of good times with it.

I was able to Ebay the stroller afterwards for good money too.

It just turned out to be too big and bulky to store in my car, or even the garage.

I would seriously look into a three-wheeled Zooper or a Mountain Buggy over this stroller.

yellowdogmom
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Ditto what Mel said except we still have ours and we love it for our neighborhood walks (lots of uneven terrain around our neighborhood). It works great for us. I agree that when my DS was younger he didn't enjoy riding in it for too long since he was pretty reclined in the fully upright position of the seat. Now that he's bigger the recline doesn't bother him as much since it doesn't effect his view as much. I love the size of the basket for extra jackets or a blanket for DS and a water container for our furbaby. and the cupholders and "glove compartment" are great for our coffees cell phone, keys, kleenex, lip balm, and hand sanitizer (for after picking up after said furbaby ;))

I got ours NIB on eBay and the handle lock on the first one we got broke after maybe a week (it was defective). I have to say that Kolcraft customer service was great! We didn't have to send very much of the old stroller to them and they sent us a whole new one...so we were able to cannibalize lots of replacement parts from the first one! We haven't needed to use any of our spare parts yet.

For the money I spent I'm still really pleased with it. And I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the difference between the Limited and the non-Limited...but I like that ours is one without the CD player, like I said before I like the covered compartment that is on ours to hold our junk and that's where the CD player on the CD models. I also would not consider it lightweight and is not something I would haul to the mall.

HTH!

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab