PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Maclaren

jcmspg
01-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Does anyone have a secret tip on contacting Maclaren?

I tried today for the first time and left four messages at four different numbers or mailboxes. I also e-mailed them. The center-back "foot pedal" of my new Techno is sticking, and the vendor says I need to call Maclaren first. Why, I don't know??? I'm also going to fax.

Thank you in advance!

dules
01-26-2005, 02:33 PM
How long have you had the stroller? If it's relatively new I'd push the vendor. Maclaren has notoriously awful customer service.

My experience was not as bad as many...someone called me back after a few days. My stroller had broken the third time I used it and was new, but purchased as a gift so I had no receipt. I had to get a copy of the receipt from the gift giver in order for Maclaren to talk to me about it.

They sent me a prepaid shipping label but I had to find a box, and send them a letter explaining the problem as well as a copy of the receipt. They did repair and send it back within about a month.

I know others have had much, much worse experiences. If my stroller had been purchased locally, I would have pushed in on the vendor and tried to demand either a replacement stroller or at least a loaner.

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Best,
Mary