PDA

View Full Version : What is the lightest double?

sobers3
01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I am looking for a tandem that is light weight and has a compact fold. I want to use it for small shops in a downtown area. I have an E3 v2 , but would like to know if there is anything else out there that I may have over looked.

hardysmom
01-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Aria Twin weighs between 14-17 lbs. Different sites have different weights listed. Maybe the older ones were lighter. I bought one today and I'd say it is closer to 17...

Combi Twin weights 19-20 lbs

Peg Microtwin weighs about 20 lbs

Stephanie

sobers3
01-27-2005, 07:02 AM
I have a Peg MicroTwin, but it only has a 3 point harness and DGS hangs out of it with his head touching the ground! It would have ruined our Christmas trip to NYC except we had a Quest in the car and went back to get it. I would love a Tandem to fit through the doors of these old stores with the ridiculously small aisles. So I guess there is nothing made. If one of the companies decided to design one, I think they would really do well. I was going to sell my E3 after I got the MBUD, but you should see the shop owners eyes roll when they see me coming with the MBUD! LOL

hardysmom
01-27-2005, 09:23 AM
I also have an MBUD for my twins. Actually, it is one of the narrowest SBS at 29 inches. It just looks big, kwim? I know the look you are talking about.

Given that I have 3 kids and my oldest just turned 3 in November, I don't do a lot of mall/boutique shopping so it hasn't been so much of an issue.

I also had a MT, but the harness wasn't a problem for us.

The only other thing I can think of would be the up-coming Silver Cross Microtwin which, according to Strollerqueen's Expo Saga, should be out sometime this year. I believe it is supposed to weigh 19 lbs, but it is a Mac Style SBS.

All tandems are heavier, sorry. The only option would be a Kiwi/Phil and Ted's E3.

Stephanie

jerseygirl07067
01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Silver Cross Microtwin...that sounds like it may fit the bill when it comes out, at only 19 pounds!! I am not very familiar with that stroller line. Where are they made? Do they have a good website where I can look at some of their strollers?

Marcy

carolines mommy
01-27-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't think any tandem has a "compact" fold. The peg Tender Twin is the lightest tandem out there and not as long as Gracos and Evenflos, but it is still 24-25 pounds and it doesn't fold up compactly. It is 24 inches wide which is barely narrower than some SBS,but may still be enough to do what you are looking for.

Erika

hobzoo
01-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Uh -oh

you get looks from a MBUD ...what will they do when they see me coming with my Valco Twina AND toddler seat!

LOL
Karen, mom to 7mo. twins and ariana 2yo

hobzoo
01-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Uh -oh

you get looks from a MBUD ...what will they do when they see me coming with my Valco Twina AND toddler seat!

LOL
Karen, mom to 7mo. twins and ariana 2yo