PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bugaboo Frog Stroller Owners

nyc89
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to use the Bugaboo Frog as a jogging stroller. I know lots of people love this stroller and I'm trying to figure out a way to justify the expense to my husband... I was thinking if it could double as a jogging stroller that would be a great reason to buy it. It seems like other people end up buying multiple strollers that probably add up to the price of the Bugaboo anyway. Any input and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you! :-)

Meg

cdmenn
01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't think it could be used as a real jogger.I am not a real runner, but I use mine for fast paced walks on hilly and rough terrain, and it is great. I jusitfied the price this way- it is my snap and go, a baby bassinett in and out of the house, a easy to steer and push mall stroller, GREAT outdoor/city stroller, one of the few with a reversible handle and extremely sturdy and nimble. It is expensive, but we use it almost every day, so this is the one baby item we felt OK splurging on.

MaisyBabies
01-27-2005, 11:37 PM
I would have to say no too, because of the smaller wheels. I have had trouble getting this stroller up curves putting the small wheels first. This would be a major inconvenience when running!

Good luck in your decision!
Heather

nyc89
01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
OK, Thanks to both of you for replying. I had a feeling it couldn't be used in place of a jogger... oh well. I still think it's worth the price for the many other features it does have... plus as this will be our first baby, so we'll be able to use it for years to come. Thanks again for responding!

Meg

MarisaSF
01-28-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't have a frog myself, but there are a couple of women in my baby boot camp class, where we do short jogs (or speed walking) on pavement and gravel, that have them.

For more info: you can check out the reviews at joggingstroller.com:
http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/bugaboo/frog.shtml