PDA

View Full Version : Are there any strollers like this?

Saartje
01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
I'd like to find a stroller that folds up very small, and is easy to fold; but which is not a cheapo umbrella stroller. I would want it to stay in the trunk when we're home, and come with us when we take plane trips. For the latter purpose, I'd want it to be something smooth enough (both in ride and in pushing) for me to walk for exercise with it, since the biggest problem I have travelling is that it's difficult to exercise: I can't effectively carry/wear DS while exercising. I expect I could find a reasonably smooth surface to walk on, though: roads, sidewalks, tracks.

Any thoughts? I know almost nothing about strollers, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious or asking too much, please.

jesseandgrace
01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
You are not missing anything, it is pretty hard to find something both lightweight, and good to exercise with. My first thought is the Mountain Buggy Breeze. I have not seen one yet, but they seem to be easy to fold, light, and pretty rugged. The only draw back is that it has a fixed front wheel, but that will help you on the exercise front.

strollerqueen
01-28-2005, 02:34 AM
I agree; the Breeze would be the best choice for outdoors. I the terrain is fairly even, though, you could also look at the Maclaren Techno, Peg Perego P3, or Inglesina Zippy.

american_mama
01-28-2005, 10:34 PM
I do know a lot about strollers, but little about the brand I am going to refer you to: Maclaren. It's a British company famous for lightweight, durable, easy steering umbrella strollers. Macs are sold in many places online in IRL, including Babies R Us. If I am reading your question right and remembering from other posts, you usually sling the baby, right? And the exercise you have in mind is walking on smooth surfaces? I suspect the Breeze may be more money and more stroller than you need. Maclarens aren't cheap (usually over $100, just so you know you are dealing with a different animal than a $20 cheap umbrella stroller), but I think the Mountain Buggy Breeze, which is made in New Zealand and has less distribution in the US, would cost more.

Saartje
01-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Unless I can find a Breeze used, I think that will remain out of my price range. That may remain true no matter the stroller, but I don't seem to be finding this one used; is it a new model?

I'll check into the other strollers you mentioned. This one wouldn't be used exclusively outdoors, however, nor would it be used for heavy-duty exercise -- if that affects the recommendations you are making. (I have a stroller for the latter purpose, but it's too large to travel well.)

bubbaray
01-30-2005, 05:37 PM
If you are looking at the Macs, especially the Quest, you could also check out the Inglesina Swift. It has about the same recline as the Quest, similar weight, steering and fold, and larger wheels. Obviously, you wouldn't want to jog with it, but I think it could handle walking, especially on smooth surfaces.

I purchased mine for travel and to be a car stroller. I'm quite happy with it. I purchased mine from Marilyn arunningstroller.com -- make sure to ask for the StrollerQueen discount.

HTH

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

boogiemom
01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Have you looked at the Peg Perego Aria at all? I have a new one on order from Marilyn at arunningstroller.com. I was able to try it out at our local BabiesRUS with my son who is 3 and 1/2 yrs. He much preferred it to the mac strollers that were there. It has more features than the true umbrella strollers and steers beautifully with one-hand because it doesn't have the traditional umbrella stroller handles. I prefer the one handle myself. It folds super easy and compactly and even has a handle to carry it with. I think it will be perfect for traveling, trips to the mall and fine for walking on paved roads. I had a combi for my son when he was little and used it a lot to walk in my neighborhood. It was fine. He never complained. I think the aria wheels will are similar to the old combi that I have.

I was about to go cross-eyed by the time I had actually decided on a stroller from reading reviews, etc. Good Luck!