PDA

View Full Version : 2005 P3 owners...? Tray, color choices, etc...

twofallbabies
01-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Does the 05 P3 have the same child tray/cupholder as previous models have had? I can't tell from the pics I see on strollandgo, etc.

Also, what color did you pick? I'd been leaning towards the Hip Hop, b/c I LOVE orange, but now in looking at the pictures more carefully, the seat part of both of my top picks (HH and Cherry Cola) are such a light color that I'm worried it would get dirty really easily. The other choices seem so boring to me. I didn't really want a blue stroller (already have a Navy Quest), but I think BLue Moon or Newport would be my next choices. I really can't stand the Black Sable or Metallica, I think just b/c it seems like everyone else has the P3 in those colors.

TIA!

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
27+ months

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Previous models had the trays in gray or blue. The new P3 has either black or blue.

snowangel
01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Colour is such a personal choice. But here is my 2 cents.

How long are you planning on keeping this stroller? If you want to keep it for 5-10 years, then I would get the darker fabric. I can't stand a dirty looking fabric on a stroller, KWIM?, even if it isn't "dirty" per se.

Maybe you are only going to use it for a few years or one year? In that case, get the Hip Hop and just be gentle with it and then you can probably sell it easily afterwards.

On the other hand...if you want to sell it in a couple of years, not everyone likes the wild colours, so a darker, more traditional peg pattern might be a better choice for resale. Personally, I hate the shiny fabrics, but I am WAY too conservative.

I love the Hip Hop. It is SO fun! Why not get it? You only live once right?

I dunno. My kids are just SO friggin messy, I had to get a dark, durable fabric. I have last year's Diamante...boring boring navy blue.

hobokenmom
01-31-2005, 08:07 PM
>I love the Hip Hop. It is SO fun! Why not get it? You only
>live once right?

that's how I feel. It's my last child. I don't even need the stroller. I just love the orange. I know I'm going to take a lot of abuse from my friends for buying it, but I'll just deal with it! I can't wait to see the orange! Hopefully my Hip Hop will be here Friday!

twofallbabies
02-01-2005, 09:16 AM
That's true, good point. I've wanted an orange stroller for a LONG time, so I should just get it. I had a Synergy P3 for about 8 months, which I just sold, and my now-27 m/o DS could get that thing SO DIRTY. It cleaned up easily though, and is now on it's way out the door to a new home.

Please, I'd LOVE to see real life pictures of the Hip Hop once you get it!!

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
27+ months

Smiles81
02-01-2005, 02:15 PM
I posted some pics of the hip hop a couple of weeks ago. Here is the link (I hope) :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=49170&mesg_id=49175&page=
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

journey4justice
02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Jess - I have two words for ya - SEAT COVER! Im sure you could find a really neat print that would go well with the Hip Hop! Make more than one so one can be in the washer while one is on the stroller.

skohng
03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
is there a difference between the fabrics of the "shiny" colors - like blu moon, black sable - and the others - like safari or newport? is one more durable or comfortable than the other?

thanks!

MomTo5
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
I just wanted to add that I just recently got an 05' P3 in Metallica. And I love the color. I live in Gracoland so I normally don't see another Peg and definetly not another P3 so I had never seen anyone have one before. I know the color is your own personal preference but I think that the Metallica is a really neat looking color. The red/silver/and black combo look really cool together.

Melissa