PDA

View Full Version : Is bugaboo just only a fashion symbol?

saadia
02-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I have ordered my bugaboo after shelving out a 1000$ for accessories and all....
I am not wodering is it just a fashion symbol??I know it is great but is it something you can't survive without?
Is it really that much of an attention grabber as people claim? other people chasing them to ask what it is and where did they get it from?Tell me about your experiences and funny incidents regarding it thanks!

lmariana
02-02-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm sure you could argue both sides of this...it is a fashionable because it is very unique-looking and is a very cute stroller, comes in lots of great colors, and has that "star appeal"...but none of those reasons in why I bought my Bugaboo or why I still love it.

I bought my Bugaboo because it has flawless one-handed steering (hard to find), includes the cozy bassinet for free, has great recline, amazing maneuvering, reversible seat and handlebar (so hard to find), a small fold (compared to others), air tires that are still suitable for urban use, navigates SO well while shopping, and is really well made. I know that when I do re-sell it I will get almost all of my money back, which makes this stroller a great investment as well.

I went through a lot of strollers before buying the Bugaboo, and it's a fabulous stroller and that really love. If I would have just bought it in the beginning, I could have saved SO much money. I've never had anyone chase me down to ask what it is, and I seldom get any strange looks...and they're not even common in my area at all! The ONLY other Bugaboo I've ever seen while out was Laura's at the mall, and she's the one who sold me mine (www.strollandgo.com)!!

Honestly though, if Idid live in an area where they were ultra-commonplace, I'd probably look into finding something more unique, just because that's my personality. The Quinny Buzz (www.buzz.quinny.com) for example, looks like a very comparable stroller and I hear it has many of the same qualities as the Bug. You can't buy them in the states yet, but you can order them online from www.babycare.nl. The shipping's not cheap, but I think you'll still spend less than the Bug.

So, if you're turned off by the Bugaboo's reputation, there are other options. But it's not all just hype about this stroller...it really is a great stroller.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

dules
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Is it something you can't survive without? No! There are other strollers. Plenty of people don't have Bugaboos. And that's why a lot of people want them...they see Gwyneth Paltrow pushing hers and they want the same stroller. (For example look on Maclarenbaby.com to see lots of celebs pushing their precious babes in $200 strollers).

BUT the Bugaboo, as Mariana said, has LOTS of great features and if you need those features, you could easily spend $1,000 on 4 strollers and then think, I should have just gotten the Bugaboo.

It all depends on what you need. If you don't need those functions and just like how it looks, then maybe it is a fashion statement/symbol. If you buy it because you think you should even though you don't need it and don't like how it looks, then it's definitely just a fashion statement or peer pressure (lol).

IMO you should love your stroller. You will be spending an inordinate amount of time with it, and hopefully that time will be spent strolling and relaxing and not cursing it trying to get it to fold/unfold/recline/access the basket/steer well etc.

Enjoy your new Bugaboo!

Best,
Mary