PDA

View Full Version : Stroler for travel

ILV
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Dear Forum,

I am planning a vacation with my DD. She is 6 month old now and will be 9 month old at the time of travel. I have a Bertini M5 stroller and am reasonably happy with it, however, it is pretty heavy and not very suitable for air travel. I'd like to buy a second light weighted stroller, and ideally, it would have to be compact when folded (probably umbrella type), with reclining seat, nice canopy (we are going south), and easy to push (my DD is getting heavier every day, and I am not a very big and strong person), and to top it all, I have a spending budget of $100-130. Is it too much to ask for?

My DH is inclined to buy a Maclaren Triumph, but I am not sure that it is a best choice since it only has two recline position and no full recline.

Any advice will be appreciated, inlcuding tips where to buy a stroller at reasonable price. I checked couple of sites including ebay, but there is always a chance someone knows better.

Thank you,

Irena

cdmenn
02-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Check out the Valco Titan Umbrella Stroller at www.baby-outfitters.com It is $139 and looks like a great travel stroller witha full recline.

lmariana
02-04-2005, 09:24 AM
After traveling with my Bugaboo, I came home and bought a Zippy. Gabe still falls asleep in the stroller, so we really needed the full recline. I chose the Zippy because of the zuper easy one-handed fold and open. It really is a breeze to do. It's not super lightweight at 17 pounds, but it does weigh less than the M5! It has a nicely padded seat, full recline, full canopy, and a great push.

If you decide to go with the Inglesina Zippy, buy a 2005 model and skip the 2004's. I had a quality problem with my '04 which Inglesina ended up replacing for free. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)