PDA

View Full Version : Combi strollers - need quick opinions please!

littlemiracle
02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
hi - i think i've decided to purchase a combi stroller and have found a couple of good deals and would like any experiences/opinions. the babybargains book gave them good reviews and i like that they aren't as pricey as the mac's or pegp's. i'm leaning towards the ultra savvy as it folds easily for airline travel and with my family in other parts of the country, i anticipate a lot of airline travel. i also like the savona, basically the same thing but not as many bells and whistles and doesn't fold up as compactly as the ultra savvy.
we would like to eventually get a jogging stroller for when we go hiking so i don't want to break the bank. i've found them both for about half what they are listed on the combi web site.

tia for any replies! i hate to buy something w/out researching the heck out of it and then get real life experiences on top.

BeachBaby
02-07-2005, 09:54 AM
We have an Ultra Savvy stroller and like it. We don't use a stroller that much, though, so that might be a factor. It is really lightweight, folds up easily, has a decent sized basket underneath, turns easily, etc.

I would say the only downside to it is that my husband is 6'4" and he wishes the handlebar was higher. It doesn't stop him from using it, though.

HTH. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Momof3Labs
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Have you pushed the US yet? Many people don't like the feel when pushing it - it isn't a solid feel, it's almost a wobbly feel with the flexible frame.

And there's little point in picking a stroller fold just for airline travel. You can't take strollers on airplanes (with rare exceptions), they have to be gate checked. And you can gate check a stroller of just about any size. Most strollers fold easy enough for airline travel purposes - we usually travel with our P3 and it works just fine for us.

tinkerbell1217
02-07-2005, 04:08 PM
We have a Combi Savvy Soho DX and it is a slight wobbly feeling when pushing, but not enough to say anything bad about it. For us its been a great travel stroller. We haven't used it many times yet, but we will be using it on our trip to Disney in March and I do not anticipate any problems. I love Combi strollers. Aprica is also a nice lightweight too, but the really small ones can run very expensive.

nov04
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I love my P3 sooooooo much. I had a Savona and it just didn't compare. I honestly would consider the extra expense an investment.

In case you're using an infant car seat: The P3 takes a snugride easily. If you bought a combi, you have to make sure you get the Perfect match (pm) to be able to use another seat. The combi tyro is brand new so its not time-tested like the snugride.

swan01
02-09-2005, 08:48 AM
I have the Ultra Savvy PM and can't say that I love it. It is just OK for me. I am 5'8'' and my husband is 6' and both of us are irritated at the short handlebar. The stride also seems short. So we both end up kicking the wheels frequently. The lack of a cup holder was not annoying to me becuase I knew that I could add one. Unfortunately, the way the stroller folds makes it almost impossible to do so.

HOWEVER, it is very light and easy to push.

tricialudao
02-28-2005, 01:06 AM
I have owned the combi ultra savvy and now have a combi soho. I LOVE combis! I know what people mean when they talk about a "wobble", but that's part of the flex frame. Combis are quite strong and well-made. I love the lightness and steering of combis. I am 5' 7" and it is true that a taller/longer handle would be nice, but I'm not complaining because I feel this is part of the attraction of the combis.... they are small strollers!

I also have a P3 which I love, but nothing compares to the lightness of combis. I have owned a mac quest before and macs just don't do it for me.