PDA

View Full Version : '05 Valco Double - $50 more for adjustable handle? Is that the only difference? A good thing?

Nora
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
As far as I can tell the adjustable handle is the only difference on the '05 vs. the '04. Is that an improvement worth paying for? DH and I are both average heights (5'7 and 6'0). I was hoping that the double would come in the plain crimson color this year, but it's doesn't seem to and the new color choices of ebony check and nitrogen do not excite me anymore than the '04 colors did. So, before I go ahead and order the '04, just wanted to make sure there are no other major differences between the models. Any sales out there? Thanks!

JodiM.
02-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Nora, the 2005 also have a easy snap feature, which will allow you to snap the accessories off and on, making it much easier on you.

MMEand1
02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
From what I have heard, the canopy is also extended on the 2005. We have the 2004 and absolutly LOVE it. We got the Protect-a-Bub canopy as an add-on. I thought it would be hard to convince my DH that we NEEDED the Valco, but once he test-drove it, there was no convincing necessary.

We bought ours from Rodney at Kiwi-Kid. I think if you want to add on certain items, he will give you a discount. We got the Skip-Hop bag at a discounted rate when we bought the stroller. Other than that, I do not know of any discounts.

Good luck...the Valco is an excellent choice.
Mariah P.

willow33
02-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I also read somewhere that the '05 valco twin would have dual canopies instead of the one. I did read about the adjustable handlebars, more color choices and car seat adaptor options. Has anyone else heard about the dual canopies. I've been waiting for the '05 for that feature, but if it's a myth then I'll go ahead and buy the '04. BTW..do you have pictures of the '05? I haven't seen one yet and was curious about the new colors.

Nora
02-09-2005, 04:11 PM
There are pictures of the '05 double at Kiwi kids - just click on the color choice and you can see it. It's real hard to see what ebony check looks like. It looks like black on black??? They do not come out until April. I'm sure Rodney could find a better picture if you asked him. The new colors are not on the valcobaby website as far as I could see. I do now remember hearing that there will be a Graco carseat clip - and that will be convenient for the newborn - but it sounded liek it would fit on the '04 as well? Another Rodney ? I guess.

Ubermomma
02-09-2005, 04:35 PM
The '05 Valco is in stock now at baby-outfitters.com.

willow33
02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
The one in stock now is only the single or the limited edition blue/pink one, not the double. I emailed valco and they said it would be availabe in May, but April is even better!!

parker10302
02-09-2005, 07:50 PM
OK, I clicked and clicked and I still can't see the pictures of the '05 double at Kiwi-Kid...what am I doing wrong???

I also read that the '05 double would have dual canopies, and the adjustable handle bar. I did have a little concern that the adjustable handle bar would affect how sturdy it pushes...does that make sense? On my Venezia there's a little bit of play in the adjustment so it doesn't feel as "tight".

Thanks,
Nicole

strollerqueen
02-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Magic Beans will give you a Strollerqueen Discount on the 2004 Valco doubles. Call them and ask about it. They are in Brookline, near Boston.