PDA

View Full Version : More questions for Zapp owners....

journey4justice
02-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Does the Zapp recline at all? How do you think the width of the seat and the height of the canopy would be for bigger children? My son is 3 yrs, 35 lbs and 39 inches tall. What do you do for storage? Are there any places that you can hang a duffle bag or tote or something? The handles look pretty sleek and it looks like something might slide right down to touch the wheels. And finally, how tippy is the Zapp? Does it seem like a side impact could cause it to fall over? What if you hang things from the back? Is it tippy then? Oh and is the fabric washable?

I am soooooo tempted to order one RIGHT NOW! But you MUST stop me! We will be in Amsterdam on the 25th and it would be silly for me to have one shipped to the US when I can just get one when I am there. But I want it now!

Saartje
02-08-2005, 11:47 PM
How easy is it to push when weighed down with a toddler or heavy baby? Does it move smoothly, even when full & when you're walking at a good clip? Is there plenty of leg room?

sbaker
02-09-2005, 12:11 AM
The Zapp does not recline at all.
My DS is 3 years old (tomorrow!!) and about 34# and 38" tall. He loves the Zapp and has plenty of growing room. I think I've posted a pic of him in it in other threads, but if you want me to post it here just let me know.
I hang my bag and shopping bags off the handles. There is a bar at the between the handles that you can't see in the pics. It keeps shopping bags from sliding down. Also, a bag like the Skip Hop would attach to the handles no problem.
The Zapp is a little bit tippy, but not anything like a Mac. I think any stroller will tip if you put too much weight on the back of it and then take your child out. With DS or DD in it Zapp is not tippy at all.
Ummm....Wouldn't a strong side impact cause most strollers to fall over?
The Zapp is a stable stroller. There are 2 front wheels, so it is very balanced.

Bottom line...I LOVE this stroller. It pushes and steers like you would not believe. I honestly think it pushes/steers as good if not better than a MBUS/MBUD. I like it so much that I've ordered a second one. LOL!

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

sbaker
02-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes, it is VERY easy to push with either of my monster children in it. DS is 3 years old and is about 34# and 38" tall. DD is 1 year old and is about 30# and 33" tall.

There is a lot of leg room. Most strollers have a horizontal axle between the rear wheels. The Zapp does not. The bars between the wheels resemble an upside down V. I'll attach a pic so you can see.

You might also notice the bar between the handles that I mentioned in the post above.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21300.jpg

Just my two cents...
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

strollerqueen
02-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Sara, I am so sorry to bombard you with two more questions!

How does your 3 yr. old fit in the Buzz? And can he drag his feet on top of the wheels in either the Zapp or the Buzz? (My DS did that on the Combis when he was 18 months!)

Thank you!

journey4justice
02-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks so much! Yes, I saw the pics of your 3 year old before and he looked very comfy. It is so good to know that he is around the same size as my son!

LOL! I didn't mean a super-strong side impact! My 6 year old loves to bend over and play with his younger brother, somtimes pushing on the stroller a bit in the proces and I didn't want anything that was going to be too tippy!

sbaker
02-09-2005, 09:47 AM
SQ,

Don't worry about bothering me....I love "talking" about strollers. LOL!

DS does not drag his feet in either stroller. I'm going to attach a different pic of him in the Buzz so you can see his feet in relation to the wheels. Sorry it's such a dark photo. There's 5.5" between the bottom of the footrest and the top of the front wheels.

I would go measure the Zapp, but it's in my car and it's COLD outside. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just my two cents...
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21318.jpg

boys2enough
02-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Sara,

I just want to thank you for answering all our questions promptly and for all the cute pictures you attached. Please thank your adoprable DD and DS for us: they are SUPER CUTE models. :)

It sounds like you really love your Buzz and Zapp. I totally think that Quinny should send you a "Key" or something to thank you for all your great reviews. :) Since there are no US retailers, it would be a total leap of faith to order them sight unseen at such a relatively high price tag. Seeing the pictures and hearing what you said definitely help a lot.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to "feed our obsessions." lol :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

journey4justice
02-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks so much for all your help!!!

You say that the Zapp pushes as well as a MBUS. Have you had it on any rough terrain yet? I'm wondering how it would do on cobblestones. (Assuming it would do well because it is made in a country with a great many cobblestones!)

How complicated is the fold of the Zapp? How quickly can you do it? And it can fold with the canopy on, correct? IS there a pocket anywhere for the rain cover?

Do you think it would work to make matching tote bags and put them on either handle to hang to the sides similar to saddlebags? I would put groceries and other store purchases in the bags - would this make it tippy with the child in it?

taliasmom
02-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Would you recommend the quinny as a light weight travel stroller and how would you compare it to the Quest?

Thanks,
Rachel