PDA

View Full Version : I looked at the Pottery Barn Kids Zooper last night since it was

mabun3
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
the only place I could see one IRL. I really liked it and saw all the postive posts below. I love the PBK colors too--red and blue. However, I don't think I can justifiy the price of $249 vs. the ebay 2003 for $92. My question is-are there any major differences between the 2003 and 2005? I know the canopy was mentioned but this will be my errand/keep in the car stroller so I don't think that will be a big deal.

Part of my--the reckless part-- says just splurge and get the PBK one since I can see the product right away but since I just got the Bumbleride, I am feeling kind of guilty!! LOL

Thanks, Michele

cleo27
02-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I have the 2003 Zstreet and would totally recommend going with the 2003 for that price. It is an awesome stroller - really well made, very nice looking and lots of features for the price. I have not really looked at the newer models except pictures online and they do look even cooler, but not enough to justify such a price difference, IMHO. I think the newer ones have adjustible height handles.

I would go for the 2003, but I am pretty thrifty and couldn't justify the price difference.

Good luck with your decision.

starrynight
02-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I bought the cool zone 2003 from ebay and I love it. From my understanding the only differences from '03 to 04-05 are adjustable handles (both dh and I are short so didn't matter) and 1 hand recline, no idea what makes it one handed. On the 2003 there are these 2 buttons for lack of a better word, that you push in and then the seat goes back a little and then you push down more to make it recline more. It can be done one hand at a time if you really had to and it's not that difficult. IMO not worth paying more. I think the PBK one is even more than a 05 from anyone else also, but I could be wrong. I know it's more than the 2004s.

1 word of advice, some of the ones from ebay are missing accessories, the guy is really cool about it and ships them back out but if you want zero hassel you might just want to buy it from PBK. Mine came without the boot and rainguard, someone else on another board was missing just the boot and I know other people that got all the parts no problem. (anyone that ordered other colors didn't have any issue, some of the cool zones aren't packed with those but he will get them to you if you get one that isn't packed with everything.) It doesn't affect the use of the stroller but it's a bit of a pita to have to email and go back and forth and then wait for that stuff. I don't use rain guards anyway and my other strollers don't have boots so I was fine using it without that stuff in the meantime. The seller is great to deal with should there be a problem.

annabellesmom
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I have a zooper swing, the newer version of the z-street, and the first thing I said when I saw the bumbleride was, "wow that looks a lot like my stroller just in cooler colors." Not really a lot of help but just an observation.