PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller do I buy?

jenngordon1
02-10-2005, 09:38 AM
"which stroller to buy??"

I have been thoroughly researching an all-around stroller and have narrowed it down to three. We live in Vermont and I already own a Kelty baby jogger. The stroller will be used primarily for travleing, shopping and walking on streets/sidewalks. I want something lightweight, simple, durable, and easy to open/close. I don't really care about cup holders, large baskets or how the stroller looks. I just want a stroller that will last, comfortable for baby and easy.

Here are the three that I've narrowed it down to. Any feedback about these specific strollers would be helpful.
1) Maclaren 2004 Techno Classic/XT (It appears they're the same stroller with different colors)
2) Zooper Rhumba Travel
3) Peg Perego Aria (which I'm leaning away from at this point, due to feedback that I've read on websites)
Thank you!

Jennifer

omgrown
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I can't comment on the Maclaren's, but I looked at the Rhumba yesterday and I think it would meet your needs nicely. The teal color from 04 was especially soft and comfy for my little one. Easy to open/close and lightweight. I've also heard not so great things about the Aria. The other plus to the Rhumba is there are some very cheap on eBay right now.
Edit: to clarify, I don't own the Rhumba, I looked at it in a store.

Momof3Labs
02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
How old is your baby? Does your baby like an upright or a slingy, hammocky (Maclaren style) seat? Many babies have a strong preference, so definitely pay attention to that.

jenngordon1
02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Noah is 6.5 months. He has only used the baby jogger and an infant car seat in a stroller. So, I'm not really sure what he prefers. Hmmm...

cleo27
02-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I would recommend either the Zooper Rhumba (great prices right now on 2004 model on E-bay) or Inglesina Zippy (more expensive, but a great all around stroller that is very comfortable for baby)

Good luck w/ your decision!

hardysmom
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
In Vermont, I'd skip the Aria and go with something a little more mid-weight. The Aria is pretty crummy outside, even on not-perfect sidewalk. If you wnated a Peg, I'd do a P3 or an Inglesina Zippy. You need better wheels.

The Techno would also be a nice choice. There is a reason it is the stroller of choice in NYC. It does well on sidewalks and is super maneuverable indoors. I can't speak to the Zooper.

Stephanie

catfeet
02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey! I live in VT too! I've got a Pliko as my lighter weight stroller & it rolls over snow & water really well. I think that for shopping & whatnot the Maclaren would prolly be the best choice as they are really durable & can survive salt & sand & other road hazards.

Ann in SE VT