PDA

View Full Version : PEG-PEREGO A3 INFO?

adoptapet26
02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone,
We're expecting our 1st child and have begun Stroller shopping - so confusing.
we want one that's durable and will last a little while

we seem to like the Peg Perego's

Any word or info on the new Peg Perego A3 model? how it folds? weight?
I don't think it's out yet.

thanks, Michele

knaidel
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi there,

I have an Atlantico which is (I think) the "non-updated" version of the A3. It's a nice stroller for baby, but it is a real pain to deal with. The fold should be advertised as a "6 step fold." Also, since the birth of my son (2 months ago) I had one occasion to take it in the car with me (we live in an urban area, so I walk most places)- and it took up half my trunk, so forget about bulking up on diapers from Sam's club! (well, I use cloth anyway,, but you get the picture...)
Obviously, I don't know your life style... maybe you have a Hummer, so space isn't an issue!
It's a really nice stroller, but as Alan and Denise wrote in BB, "overkill for most parents." I bought it because it was discontinued,and even cheaper than the P3. But honestly, I agree with them.
The P3s and Zippys are also known to be very durable strollers, great for newborns, also nice and plush for your kiddo, and you can always add on a parent cup holder. I think that they are also a bit narrower (I might be wrong)- while they are still wide enought for your baby to be comfortable, they are a bit easier FOR YOU to manuever.
all in all, I think that most of the zippy and p3 owners on this board seem to be very satisfied with their strollers. I think , but am not positive, that the satisfaction with the atlantico is less so...
And obviously, this is all only relevant if I'm corrected that the A3 is just a new name for the atlantico!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
The A3 has a reversible seat. My baby is a month old and before she was born, I really thought I would have loved the reversible seat, but she would have already been 3 or 4 months old once it came out and that is less important as they get bigger. I have P3 which I love, though. Right now I use it with my Snugride a lot - I think I would have done that anyway with the A3 - to minimize her time outdoors. Also the A3 does not have an umbrella fold. I specifically did not want a book fold. But if you prefer the bar handle (some people hate umbrella handles b/c the one handed steering isn't as good) and have an ample trunk, then you might like the A3 better. I personally find the umbrella handles comfy and for my purposes the 1 handed steering on the P3 is fine.

adoptapet26
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
thanks for the info!
any idea how much it weighs? the book fold could be a problem since even w/ a Jeep Cherokee it could take up enormous amt. of space. the umbrella handles on the P3 didn't bother me but the storage basket was really lacking in my opinion.