PDA

View Full Version : Peg perego car seats and double strollers

msfarlin
02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
I am trying to find out which double strollers are compatible with the Primo Viaggo infant car seat. I want a Peg Perego again (I have the Pliko and love it) but do not want the Duette which weighs a ton! Does anyone know which years the Aria or the Tender XL accepted Peg Perego car seats since current models do not? Do you know of any other doubles that take the infant carrier? It seems PP is leaving me little choice but to consider other options...

Thank you!

annasmom
02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi, I have a Tender Twin (the Martinelli version), that accomodates the Primo Viaggio. I was told when I bought it that it was "last year's model," which I presumed to mean 2004, even though I bought it at the end of 2004. I could be very wrong on this, I do not know. I had not done ANY research on this stroller when I bought it (I went there to decide between the MBUD and the Valco Twin). I bought it at Albee Baby in NYC, which has a good reputation. I believe that they sell strollers on ebay under the name babysurplus (?). I saw them selling my same stroller on ebay for about $100 less than what I paid for it at the store! I bet if you contacted them they could tell you the model years, their website is albeebaby.com. HTH!!

carolines mommy
02-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Apparently it was just this year that the Tender Xl was changed so it won't accept the infant seat. The 2004 and earlier models of the XL do take the peg infant seat. HTH!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea due April 05