PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Boogie review

yellowrose
02-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi!
I gathered a lot of advice on this board last summer as I prepared to make a new stroller purchase. Since I've had it for 8 months I guess my review is overdue. I bought the Zooper Boogie in black -- a nice comfortable, soft almost jersey-feeling material. I'll admit, I was afraid to buy it because it seemed like such a monster, especially compared to my lightweight Aprica SuperZap. Luckily it fits through the narrowest doorway in my house, which is 27" wide. The weight was another concern, but it's honestly not much heavier than my Graco Duoglider (cheap piece of garbage.) I do haul the Boogie in and out of my car, but not everyday. It is not my around town/mall stroller. It's more my "everything but the mall" stroller. The Boogie does not fold up small. But it fits in the back of my minivan and isn't much larger than the dreaded Graco. The Boogie seems very solid and well made. Here are my favorite features:

1. The seat can face forward or backward (and the canopy adjusts also.) This was perfect for my newborn. DS faced me and I had the back flat in "bassinet mode". It was so comfortable that he slept soundly in the Boogie everytime I put him in! Now that DS is 9 months old I have the seat facing forward and he loves looking out. Switching the seat is so simple that I even did it without the instructions! ;) Also, the lever to recline the seat can be operated with one hand, just like the Zippy.

2. The basket is huge! I love it. I have shoved jackets, shopping bags, diaper bag, toys, a picnic lunch, etc. Also it's easy to access, even with the seat back all the way flat.

3. The adjustable handlebar is perfect for me (5'2") and DH (6'). The handbrake on the handlebar seems unnecessary. I never use it. I don't live anywhere too hilly, and I don't jog with the Boogie. The footbreak is BTW also easy to use and works well.

4. The hood is nice and big. It adjusts easily. I love the extra part that unfolds from underneath the front of the hood to give extra sun protection to little eyes. It's like a sun visor. Folds back inside the hood when it's not needed. Plus there is the plastic window on top so I can peek at DS. If I want to remove the hood it is very simple to click off and on.

5. The wheels are air filled for a nice soft ride -- and the front wheel swivels. It is so easy to steer that I can do it with one hand. The air filled tires make the Boogie perfect for gravel paths, the neighborhood streets, fairgrounds, the park, playground, zoo, etc. The front swivel wheel can be locked in place with a simple flick of a switch -- great if you're going through rougher terrain, like at the beach or a grassy field.

6. And I almost forgot the accessories. The boot is great. Keeps DS nice and cozy. Plus the Boogie comes with a rain shield, a sunscreen and a hand pump for the tires.

It took me until baby #3 to find a great stroller. Good luck stroller shopping! And thanks to everyone on this board who takes the time to share their thoughts & answer questions! You were all so helpful to me last summer. :)
Laura

swampnurse
02-10-2005, 10:34 PM
i have the 2003 Zooper Kroozer 3WD (now called the Zydeco). i second everything in your post. I absolutely love my stroller and all my research paid off as this was my first baby and i hit the jackpot with my stroller. i use my Maclaren Triumph for all my errands and leave it in my car. The zooper is for longer trips. A little heavy,. but worth it if you're not taking it in and out of the car all day.

Cosmomom
02-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Thank you so much for your review. We just ordered the Boogie in blue and I am so excited about it. I love how it's a jogger that is car seat compatible too. Very cool. Can't wait to put it to use!