PDA

View Full Version : Which is best stroller with the Graco Snugride carseat? Please help!

kris123
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I've done research and gone to baby stores (where they totally push the Graco brand) but I'm still confused.
I really want a stroller that fits with the Graco Snugride, because of its good safety ratings. I like the Graco Metrolite, but it's gotten such bad reviews.
The Peg Perego P3 is nice, but the strap that keeps the carseat on looks so unsafe. Any thoughts on this?
I can't justify the Bugaboo because we will likely have another child soon after this one, so I'm going to need a double stroller. And $725 is just not in my budget.
I've read there are other brands that are universal. Please tell me what you have and why you bought it.
Also, do these other universal strollers have bars or straps to attach the carseat? Are they safe?
I really want a stroller, not a Snap and Go because I want to be able to lie the baby down in the stroller and not always rely on the carseat.
Please help! I'm so confused!

audys
02-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi, there are several strollers that can take that car seat and can recline fully - check out Zooper strollers (http://www.zooperstrollers.com/) and Mountain Buggy (http://mountainbuggy.sycamorekids.com/). I test drove a Zooper in Pottery Barn Kids (some stores carry them) and was impressed - cost was about $240, full recline, padded seats and steers with 1 hand.

If you decide to go with Graco, I'd reccommend the Literider - I bought this for $40 on sale (Target, Toys R Us). It does not roll as well as the P3 but makes a great air travel stroller (no big deal if it gets trashed by the airline). It's light and folds with 1 hand. I treat it like a disposable stroller.

Happy shopping,

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050210/3/15/1/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)

sarsah
02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
My neighbor & I and several other friends have a Graco Metrolite and have been happy with it. My neighbor's is 3 years old, used daily both inside & out and still going strong. Mine is a year old and I bought it to replace a Combi perfect match of similar design that was broken beyond repair. I loved the Combi and it lasted 3+ years with lots of use and worked great with my Century infant seat.

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

fairyfahrenholz
02-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi There!

We bought a Combi Savona PM stroller to go with our Snugride. It worked out fantastically. The Combi came with an adapter bar that was used instead of the snacktray (they are inter-changable). Then the Snugride snapped right onto the bar.

We felt very confident that our DD would be safe and secure and never once had a problem in the 6 months she was in her Snugride. What's nice about the Savona is that is also has a full recline so we were able to use it for her when she was little without the carseat.

We've had no probems with the stroller at all in 9 months. My only complaint is I wish the sunshade was a bit bigger, but that only matters once they are out of the Snugride. And since I'm expecting #2 in June, we'll be getting a double, so it won't matter much this summer, LOL :)

HTH!

Good luck!

Kristen

nov04
02-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I feel very safe with my P3's car seat strap. Pull it tight and I think its much safer than anything that snaps or clicks (and could break!)

I love the (newborn) recline on the P3, dd is very comfy in it. We put some blankets around her as the P3 is quite spacious and she's only 11 lbs (she was over 3 weeks early)

I highly recommend it. If we have a second dc, I'm looking forward to using the toddler thingy on it.

eta: I highly recommend purchasing anything from Marilyn at arunningstroller.com The cs is excellent, delivery is quick and she even corrected something that PP did (no car strap in initial shipment, she wasn't notified of this)

kcampbell
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I have been using my Snug Ride with an Inglesina Zippy. I love it! The stroller is lightweight and very easy to manuever. It has a full recline if you choose not to use the infant seat. Great sun shade and very good padding. The Snug Ride "sits" on the seat of the stroller and has straps that secure it in place around the handles of the Snug Ride. I only strapped it in when using it outside or on "rougher" terrain. Hope that this helps.

jkpalotay
03-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Just a quick question for you...
I am really sold on the P3, but am only concerned that it is too large of a stroller. Does it feel bulky? Is is easy to take on errands? And, what's the 'toddler thing'? Thank you, Thank you!
Kelli
Mommy to Luke Adam, 22 Months

nov04
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm fine with its size, I don't think its too bulky, I toss it in the car easily. Supposedly kids can ride on a platform between the umbrella handles when they're older ie: the toddler thingy (my scientific name for it!)

Hope you find a stroller you really enjoy!

javierandastrid
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
DS had the Graco Snugride for 6 months, and we used it with our Combi Ultra Savvy.
It is a PM (perfect match stroller) that allows you to attach most brands of infant carseats, it came with a matching carseat cover and canopy so baby coordinates perfectly!

the stroller weighs 13 lbs, has lots of other nice features such as 3 position fully reclining seat, acoustic canopy etc, etc ...and the canopy is pretty large with an extended visor for inclement weather.

I highly recommend this stroller...esp. with the graco snugride. It worked out perfectly for us. DS is 14 months old now, and we both love the Combi.

msjd123
03-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I felt the same way about getting the Snugride, and I ended up choosing the Zooper Swing for a stroller. The Snugride fits into teh stroller very snugly, even more than the Zooper owner's manual seems to suggest it will. The back part of the carseat that would normally click into the base actually clicks onto the Zooper's carseat adaptor bar, and they provide you with a strap for more security. I found there to be so little space between the stroller's side and the sides of the Snugride, though, that I had a hard time getting the strap hooked on. (Someone with more patience might have gotten it to work, but that's just me.) That sounds bad, but you know, the carseat is really very securely attached to the stroller, and unless you're going to be going over very bumpy terrain, or you think someone might push down hard on the carseat, I don't think it's much of an issue for day-to-day use.

Sarah
EDD #1 3/10/05 (or later, the way things are looking...)

chinolatinodad
03-09-2005, 11:01 AM
I have the Zooper Z-Street (older version of the Swing) and agree that it fits perfectly with the snugride seat. I didn't have any problem with the strap that the above poster did- but I agree when she said there is little to no space between the sides of the stroller and the seat- which makes it feel really secure. Even without the strap, I can almost pick up the whole stroller with the carseat handle, and with the strap, you can definitely do this, shake the stroller in every direction (without the baby in it, of course) and it doesn't budge.
The only thing is, and I don't know how true this is with other seats people mentioned, it's pretty difficult to get to the under seat storage compartment when you have a seat attached (or basically whenever it's in full recline). The Gracos (Quattro and Metrolite) don't seem to have this problem, but seeing as how I broke my Graco while assembling it, I'm willing to live with having to reach around the side to pull things out of the storge net.
Hope this helps.

SlingMama11
03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I must say I really love my Bugaboo stroller -- I know it is expensive . I bought mine of Craigslist and paid "just" 400 dollars. I do not know how long you want to wait between your babies but my experience is my 2 year old does not want to sit in the stroller so I never needed a double stroller. I usually use my slings as well

Oh -- the Bugaboo has a wheelboard where a toddler can stay on so thats very practical as well.

soontobemomto2
03-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I have both the zstreet & P3 and love them both. I saw the zstreets for 100 on ebay though, much better than the 280 for the p3.

HGraceMom
03-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I have a Silver Cross Camden, as does a neighbor - she bought the car seat adapter bar to use with her newborn & Graco seat - we're both pretty happy with the stroller - actually, I love the stoller, and she just doesn't use it as much as she thought she would (she's more of an outdoor neighborhood walker so uses her phil & teds.) She bought the bar & we agreed that if I ever get pg again, I'd "rent" it from her while I need it.

The basket is huge, the recline is very nice, all the parts are "removable" so the stroller can be stripped down to nothing... it's $239 or so - you can find them used on swap for much less, I think, & several reviews are on the boards.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat - one last "plus " - it's a stroller that not everyone else has, which is kinda nice!

baby feta
03-15-2005, 05:44 PM
My girlfriend has the P3 and her 3yr old has rode on the platform on the back. This is my first baby and would like to get the P3 but is it worth the $$$$ and is the basket big enough and easy to access? Any advice???

baby feta
03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
What are the difference between your two models. And which one would you buy if you could only buy one. This is my first baby and really only would like to invest in one right now. I'm confused as to which model to purchase and what feature are really important. I've done alot of research but still can't decide. Any advice would be great.

nov04
03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
I would definitely get it, it's soo worth it. I'm not wild about the basket, but I've made do. I have a LE lil tripper. I put diaper cream, diaper and wipes in the side pocket which I make sure faces out on the side. If she has a standard diaper to change, I don't even have ot take the bag out. I put her bottle bag on the other side facing out so it can be reached to without taking it out. I would definitely get an after=market drink holder, the P3 only holds cans and narrow water bottles. I have the cup n snack stroller pocket from J.L. CHildress. It's a little crooked but it works.