PDA

View Full Version : Light weight travel stroller...Quinny or Quest?

taliasmom
02-12-2005, 01:08 AM
I am in need of a light weight travel stroller for my 14 month old. I am currently deciding between the Quinny Zapp or the Quest. I would love for it to be easy to fold in airports and be able to hold a computer bag and possibly a camera bag underneath. I often travel alone with DD so the easier the better. IF anyone has any opinions....I would truly appreciate it.

TIA

RACHEL

MarisaSF
02-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I love the looks of the Zapp! Never saw one IRL though.

I have a 2005 Quest and can vouch that the fold is SUPER easy and stroller is pretty light. Ex: I can fold it and lift it one handed while holding DD on my other hip and a couple shopping bags on my arms.

The Quest basket seems ridiculously small and I almost decided to simply remove it and never use it. However, I was happily surprised when I went to the grocery store the other day and was able to fit a bit bottle of laundry soap and some smaller miscellani in it. Depending on the size of your computer/camera, it may work for you. BUT know that you need to remove EVERYTHING from the basket before folding.

Good luck in the shopping!

taliasmom
02-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Thanks Marissa,

I appreciate the information. I just went and checked them out today and they steer very easily. You are right about the basket. I think I will be able to fit my computer in but that is about it. Enjoy yours. I really like the mod and want to see the shale but they didn't have one in stock.

Rachel

Momof3Labs
02-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I believe that the Zapp is 16lbs, and has no basket. So not sure if it really meets your weight and storage requirements.

Susann
02-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm in a process of getting a Zapp. I travelled a couple of times to Europe with one infant or with 3 kids under the age of 7. Those times I wish I had a stroller that folded as small as the Zapp b/c when I gate checked the stroller, they told me that I'll get it back in my final destination and just take a rough guess how much I enjoyed the idea of lugging 3 jet lagged kids, their carry-on and a carseat through a crowded airport. The Zapp would be very easy to hide in the carry-on and take on board.

Other than that, the Quest is IMO the best you can get. It's light, it reclines, it folds with one hand, it's easy to steer one handed and it's very comfy for the baby. If I had to keep just one stroller, I would keep the Quest. And I have owned about 30+ strollers. I just can't find a reason to replace the Quest.

I usually hang the camera (a professional digital camera, read huge) from the handles. I just have to remeber that I have to take it off before the baby comes out from the stroller.

Susann