PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MBUS...

JAMEPM
02-12-2005, 12:29 PM
My husband and I are just starting to look at strollers, and so far the MBUS looks like it has everything we want. We're definitely getting an infant car seat, and were planning on getting one of those "snap n go" carriers. But now I see the MBUS offers an infant seat adapter. Has anyone used these? Are they easy to attach/remove? Also, the pictures make it look like the MBUS is quite wide compared to other strollers. What are everyone's thoughts on the MBUS size? How easy is it to fold up & put in the car? Is it heavy/cumbersome? What about plane travel?

Thank you SO much!!!

:)

groovybubs
02-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi, I have the MBUS with the Graco adapter. I love it!!The infant seat really clicks in unlike the "snap and go" so I feel its alot safer. It is also really easy to attach and remove. It has two clips on both sides and you just clip it on and off. IMO it is also alot more practical then the bassinet because when you go into the car the baby is already in the seat. My DD loves the infant seat because when she is up she can look around but then she can fall asleep in it without a problem.

In regards to the wide issue:

The MBUS is wide. I use the snap and go for in and out of the car becuase it folds easier and smaller and isn't as wide. The MBUS has a huge fold and it will take up your trunk if you have a sedan. I am planning to buy a regular stroller when she it too big for her infant seat. The zStreet is on sale on Ebay for $91 and it has everything you would need for travel and in out of the car. If you have more questions feel free to ask. I hope to post a pic soon of the MBUS with the infant seat.

Talia

ktdid74
02-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I love my MBUS and would definitely use it with the infant seat adaptor if I had a 3rd baby. I had no problem with it at the mall- even in the cramped Gymboree store. I have no problems throwing it into the van and it steers so great! Even with my 4 1/2 year old in it when he got tired of walking! I would skip the SNG and buy the MBUS and then plan on buying a lightweight stroller when your baby is a little older. Good luck--

dules
02-13-2005, 11:06 PM
On the size, it depends on what you're comfortable with and how big your car is. The MBUS folds bigger than an umbrella stroller but isn't much heavier (19lbs vs a P3 at around 17lbs).

It stands on its handlebar when folded, which is a nice space saver. It's also really easy to fold...it comes down and goes back up in one fluid step.

Having had some really big strollers/prams before this, it does not feel particularly "big" to me...but again, it's a personal thing. Can you see one in person before you buy?

Best,
Mary