PDA

View Full Version : ZIPPY owners... is there anything you don't like about them?

JAMEPM
02-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I've read some great Zippy reviews so far... are there any cons that you guys can think of?

Thanks!!

yellowrose
02-12-2005, 08:34 PM
I have the 2004 Zippy and am so happy with it! The only two negatives I can think of are:

1. It can be difficult to get things out of the basket because of the bars that cross in an "X". Of course DH would say I shouldn't shove so much in there!;)

2. I find it difficult to make the Zippy stand alone when it's folded. Maybe it's not supposed to have that feature -- I could be confused because my old stroller did. :-) I think if I locked the front wheels before I collapsed the stroller, it would stand on its own. (But I've never taken the time to try this.) Can anyone else do this with their Zippy?

Honestly, these two negatives are so small, I wasn't even sure I should mention them. I love the Zippy. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Laura

skipperlou
02-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Laura,

The Zippy (I also have an '04) does stand on it's own. You just need to rotate the front wheels so that they turn up and then it will stand on its own. Nice feature while the Zippy is in the garage..we don't trip over it like our old stroller!

We love the Zippy! The basket is much smaller than my old Evenflo, but I made up for it by getting a Skiphop to hang off the handles.

HTH!
Lara

squimp
02-13-2005, 12:07 AM
I love our '04 Zippy and use it nearly every day. It is an awesome workhorse and travel stroller. DD loves riding in her "soul-der". I have no complaints, but here are some I've heard:

- handlebars are not adjustable. DH is a foot taller than me (he's 6'5"), and he sometimes complains.

- kicking the back wheels when you walk. I have long arms and just push the stroller out in front of me, so it doesn't bother me.

- poor customer service during the last year or so. You may want to do a search on "Inglesina CS" - use the advanced search, and click the "and" command (not "or"). We haven't had any problems, but I'm a little nervous about this.

Good luck!

spikeso
02-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Hi,

We've been using a 2003 Zippy for almost 2 full years now. At least 3 times a week. Its been our one and only stroller and DD and parents both love the stroller.

The 3 complaints I can think of:

1) The canopy does not pull down to the napper bar. This has since been fixed.
2) After 2 years of use, the stroller creaks alot. I am not sure what causes this, whether its wear or whether its because our DD is just heavier now.
3) Sometimes it would be nice to have a snack tray, maybe as an optional accessory. But given the choice between napper bar and snack tray, we would choose napper bar.

Overall, it has been great money spent. Our DD still loves riding in her stroller, and we will be able to use it for at least another year, or until she decides she wants to walk all the time.

-spikeso

HannaAddict
02-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Terrible customer service, truly terrible!! After being a strong supporter of the Zippy and loving it when it works correctly (without squeaking or wheel lifting off ground) - we now wouldn't recommend it because of the awful, terrible customer service if you do have a problem. For an expensive stroller, purchased from an authorized dealer, I have been shocked and disgusted by the total lack of response for weeks!! by the CS department and then jerk attitude by one male CS rep. Maybe he is the exception, but I would not buy one again after dealing with their CS. We do love the fold, the fabric, worked just great with our Snugride so we returned the Kolcraft Universal we'd bought (you won't need a Snap n' Go, the Zippy actually fits the Snugride better), love that not everyone has one.

But, when the Zippy started squeaking and having issues with a wheel, I couldn't pay Inglesina to return my call! We are talking WEEKS of leaving messages. Not until I Stroller Queen from the boards stepped in, did they bother to call! Then the guy was an unreasonable jerk and expects us to PAY to ship it across country to be looked at - after 6 mos of light use!! I would probably get a Bugaboo if I had to go it again.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

kcampbell
02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Love my Zippy
Only complaint is the small hard to reach basket. That said, I just hang bags from the handles if needed:) I had one encounter with CS and was pleased with my response time and answers. I couldn't figure out how to fold the stroller with the hood attached. I had to leave a message at Inglesina and they called me back rather quickly and walked me through some problem solving. He was frank but courteous. Any major company is going to have CS that can be hit or miss. I think the product is so well made that it is rarely an issue.

HannaAddict
02-15-2005, 01:41 AM
I have to take issue with lumping Inglesina into the idea that "any major company will have issues with customer service". Inglesina actually has a very small customer service department servicing the US (or not as the case may be) and the particular gentleman responsible for answering voice mails (courteous, polite voice mails!) did not answer mine, nor other posters messages for weeks. Until we posted on this board and Stroller Queen came to the rescue! I also think that when purchasing a high end product such as Inglesina's Zippy, you should expect a prompt response (especially when your product has a problem) and excellent customer service and for something under warranty to be handled like it is under warranty. The most troubling thing to me is that the problems with CS continued after the CS rep finally called back. His lack of response and attitude changed a strong supporter of the Zippy to an unhappy customer. That is hard to do!!

I dislike the stroller/company because the their terrible customer service more than for the actual squeak/wheel issue.

jenny.d
02-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Well I am another happy Zippy owner but I have to say I cringe everytime this question is asked. Hannahaddict and another poster rarely miss a chance to bash the Zippy due to their experiences with customer service. I believe, though you certainly should check, that the "repeated problems with customer service" are repeated by the same two people over and over on these boards. Every company is going to have unhappy customers once in a while but here you will see these stories repeated over and over. Although this board is a place to share experiences, I think this has been beaten to death and that the number of happy Zippy owners far outweighs the rest. If you need to use customer service at all, it tells me that the store where you purchased the stroller is not willing to stand behind their products and exchange the stroller or help get it to the company to be fixed. Inglesina may have one not so friendly male customer service rep., but overall I think the company is easy to deal with and the stroller is high quality. Everyone has to make their own desicion but I think you will find most people are pleased with the Zippy.

mams99
02-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, I don't have a zippy, but it's one I'm thinking of getting. I was just at a store yesterday comparing it to the Ultra Savvy Combi. I want a lightweight stroller that is good for newborns and up. One that is easy to take on and off public transportation and so on...

The pros of Zippy over Combi: VERY easy fold and unfold, easy recline, larger wheels, cute fabrics, the nappy bar is not only removable, but can be swung open.

The things that fair "worse" in my opinion than the Combi: Feels heavy (this is 22 lbs versus 15), no carrying strap, but a carrying handle - not as convenient for carrying anywhere. I'm not a big fan of umbrella style handles - but that's PURELY my preference. The wheels are bigger, but they don't appear as durable, but I could be wrong in how they truly last.

The pros of the Combi: very lightweight, handle height is fine on the Ultra Savvys (some others have shorter handles), nice carrying strap to sling over shoulder

The things that fair "worse in my opinion than the Zippy: The fold is MUCH more complicated, the wheels are smaller, The recline is not as easy (easing belts instead of set marks - need both hands), it has that slight wobble feel - not from being unsturdy, but from the weight of it, and the nappy bar is either on or off, not a swing mechanism to just move out of the way.

Now, the two thing I wish they had: reversible handles, better wheels for outdoor use. Both of these are DEFINITELY mall walkers or light street walkers - not for bad sidewalks, not for park trails, not for cobblestones and definitely not for gravel. For someone who does a lot of walking, either of these strollers would DEFINITELY be a second stroller and not the primary stroller, but those are my needs... not everyone's!

Tobie
02-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I just posted above about my problems with the Inglesina company so I won't beat a dead horse, but very briefly......their customer service is awful. What's wrong with having high expectations on a high-end product you purchase? Why should wheels break off one month and then one year after you buy a stroller? Why should CS reps be rude to you--you, who are their customers!!!

I have to admit that I love the easy folding manner of the Zippy, but customer service goes a long way. After all, would you take your kid to a doctor who was good clinically, but rude to the kid and you, and made you feel like you were an annoyance in their lives? I wouldn't--I demand smarts and compassion in a doctor--and in products I buy and their customer service. It should not be a choice of either one or the other--we must demand both.

Sure, people are going to have good experiences and bad experiences, and maybe the good ones do outweigh the bad ones.....but it is so very disappointing to be made to feel like you are a burden on a company when you need their help in fixing their defective product. Like most of the other folks here, I'm not really that upset about the wheels breaking off (it happens--these things are not perfect, but they are expensive)--I'm upset at the manner that the CS people simply refused to help me or acknowledge any deficiency in their product or company. I think that bedside manner and customer service goes a long way.