PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quality, lightweight stroller with parent tray

jaydaj
02-12-2005, 10:38 PM
We are shopping for a "real" stroller now that DS is almost 6 months old and about to grow out of his SungRide and Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier stroller. We had planned to get the Zooper Jazz but after using the Kolcraft stroller for over 5 months, we have decided the Jazz is too heavy and big. We would like a lightweight stroller that is easy to fold (do not like how the Peregos fold up from the middle). However the two biggest factors for a stroller for us is one single handle that is height adjustable (the main reason we liked the Jazz) and a parent tray with a cup holder. DH is very tall so the height adjustment is key. As for the cup holder, that is the most used feature on our Kolcraft and I cannot imagine shopping without it.

I love the Inglesina Expresso but none of our local stores carry it so I cannot see how it folds or if it has a cup holder. From the one picture I have seen, it looks like it has height-adjustable handles.

We are leaning toward the Graco MetroLite in Metropolitan just because of the easily adjusted handles and the great parent tray. I am scared of buying it, however, because of the quality issues I have read about on these boards.

I would love any suggestions!!!

Jayda

dules
02-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Just my $.02, but I'd pick a stroller based on the features you want that can't be added on (single, adjustable height handle, weight, fold) then ADD a cupholder or parent tray. There are lots of aftermarket ones that work.

For example the BOB console fits (and looks really slick) on the E3, MBUS, and probably other strollers with this type of handlebar. I didn't have it when I had my Zooper Zydeco (sort of similar to the Jazz) but I bet it would have fit on it.

There are many other parent trays/cupholders on the market...just go to babycenter or babyuniverse and look at all the stroller accessories.

You should be able to find out if the Espresso has adjustable handles by looking at the specs on a website.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Mary