PDA

View Full Version : zippy's full recline ? and bassinet feature

isoltano
02-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time mom and my first baby is due in 6 weeks. I've been doing a lot of research on different strollers and finally narrowed it down to the Zippy.
My only concern with it is that it doesn't seem to fully recline. I plan to use it with my newborn without the car seat (graco snug ride infant seat) for walks around the neighborhood as well as with car seat when we go to the mall or anywhere where we have to drive.

So my question is: is it really comfortable for an infant to lay or sleep in the full recline mode and did anybody need to buy extra head/body support?

My 2nd question is about the zippy bassinet feature (zippy system). Did anybody find it useful or more comfortable for the baby? I'm not sure I want to invest in something that will only be used for a very short time, considering that it's another $160.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

mams99
02-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Here are my thoughts on this and I'm also thinking of getting the zippy for my second stroller - the one for MIL.

For our main stroller, the MBUS, I bought the carrycot as I will use this in the house as our main level bassinet. We live in a three level townhome and need a second "bed" for baby that doesn't need to taken up and down stairs. I thought I would be killing two birds with one stone with the bassinet as not only could it be used indoors, but a perfect TRUE bed for baby on outings too.

A note about carrycots - not all carrycots/bassinets are created equal. Some are quite SHORT, so if you are considering it, make sure it will last more than 2 months!

I don't know if I would get it for a stroller if I were ONLY using it for the outings. I would have to go out a LOT and be out for long periods to feel it is worth the extra investment.

So... that's my two cents.

Melissa

11 weeks to go!

spikeso
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi,

We used the Zippy without the bassinet for our newborn DD. We would often take walks of an hour or more and she was very comfortable. She would usually fall asleep quickly. We used a Snuzzler for support and warmth, as well as some blankets.

HTH,
spikeso

HannaAddict
02-13-2005, 06:26 PM
The full recline didn't seem comfortable, snug enough for our son when he was a newborn. The straps could not be tightened enough to be useful either. But, I would just use your Snugride for walks around the neighborhood in the Zippy. That's what we did (or used our pram that has very plush, nice suspension and wheels). The baby as a newborn alone in the Zippy is also a little bumpy for my taste, even on city sidewalks. The Snugride fits great in the Zippy - better than our Kolcraft Universal so we returned it and used the Zippy with the Snugride.

Be warned, if your stroller has any problems though, Inglesina CS has been terrible recently. I was truly surprised and amazed by how bad it was!

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

kcampbell
02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I have been using the Zippy for 6m now and love it. I don't know anything about the bassinet. As for the stroller, the recline feature seemed great. We used it for walks without the Snug Ride and our daughter seemed happy. I used the snuzzler in the snug ride and it all fit great. I prefer to put the snug ride in the stroller just because I can see her and the hood on the snug ride seems to protect more. Hopefully this helps.