PDA

View Full Version : Need a light stroller Inglesina expresso or mac quest?

bsktmom2twingles
02-13-2005, 10:27 PM
We currently have a graco that was part of a travel system. It does not fold up enough to fit in my car. I don't use it that often so want something light. Needs to be good for mall walking along with some outside use. Which is better?

MarisaSF
02-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi there! Welcome to the boards.

Don't know how much help this will be. I don't have any experience with the expresso, but I do own a Quest. I'll attempt to answer your questions wrt the Quest. You should also try a search through older threads. I'm sure there must be something said about the expresso and I know there are tons of reviews of the Quest. I bought mine after reading and asking questions here. Oh, and I have a 2005 Quest. The only difference from teh 2004s (on good sales now) are the colors and there's a TINY window in the shade of the 2005s which is pretty useless.

Okay, here goes:
-The Quest is very lightweight. Can be folded easily with one hand. There is an auto lock feature on it, so once you fold it, it locks automatically, so you can fold and pick it up with baby in the other arm.

-It fits in my car trunk (toyota camry) with a LOT of room to spare.

-Good for mall walking in that it turns on a dime so it is excellent for maneuvering thru tight aisles and can fit in tiny changing rooms with you! However, know that the basket is laughably small. I've fit clothing in *plastic* bags in the bastket, but a paper shopping bag (the kind with handles) wouldn't fit in the basket. People will tell you that the stroller is "tippy" with bags dangling off the handles. It is, yes, but only if child is not in the stroller. I've put a couple bags on the handles with baby in the stroller and it is fine.

-Not the best for outside use. That is, it seems to "feel" all the bumps on a sidewalk. The wheels are pretty small in diameter; bigger wheels would handle bumps better. I live and walk in a city every day though and, although it seems like a pretty bumpy ride to me, my DD hasn't complained. She seems very cozy in it. If you live on a gravel street, I wouldn't recommend the Quest.

Hope that helps you start. The other parents here are very friendly. Ask anything you need!

bsktmom2twingles
02-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks for your opinion. I just found a post with a pic of the espresso folded and it seems to big for what I want. We have an Expedition but I need something that will fit behind the 3rd row seat. Does anyone have a pic of the Maclaren folded?

momathome
02-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't have a picture but I just got the new Mac Quest and it folds down to next to nothing - it fits behind the third row of our Mazda MPV minivan with room to spare. HTH!

journey4justice
02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I think they Espresso would be too big of a fold for what you want and the Quest can last longer for a child. My 3 yo doesn't fit very well in the Espresso but is fine in the Quest!