PDA

View Full Version : Looking for double stoller that won't break the bank

newyearsmom
02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi! Just found out that I am expecting #2. My kids will be 22 months apart. I already started reading up on double stollers, but money IS an issue. DH pretty much laughed in my face when I showed him the MBUD and told him how much it cost.

I am looking to buy one stroller only that will be for everything. Mall trips, errands, walks around the neighborhood (nothing hard core), traveling, etc. I had a travel system for DS and I loved snapping my Graco Snugride into it for quick errands when he was really little. So I need something that has car seat adaptors. I also think I would rather have a SBS rather than tandem (any thoughts on this), and I want both seats to recline for naps.

I am really petite so the lighter the better, but I am willing to go with something heavier if it has everything I am looking for since lugging it in and out of my car is not that big a deal to me.

I think the Chicco Twin Savvy might fit my criteria... anything else out there that won't completely break the bank? The aria twin?

Thanks!

chubbycheeks
02-14-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm in the market for the same thing! I've heard that the Aria can fit a car seat (they don't recommend it, but I've heard it is large enough to accomodate one). I tried a infant seat out in the Aria in the BRU near us and it seemed like there was no room for DS1 once it was in there (he is 22 months and 30 pounds). I think the Combi Twin is pretty reasonable as well, but I don't know about the car seat. That is the biggest issue that I have found while researching. . there seems to be only a limited number of SBS that take a infant seat, and they are very expensive. I'll be watching this thread for some advice as well!

Joohye
02-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I got the Combi Twin Savvy for my 1 month old and now 20 month old (28 lbs) and it takes the carseat unofficially no problem. I tried the snugride in the Peg and DS was squashed but in the Combi he's had no problem. I chose the Twin Savvy for the following reasons...

1. Reclines flat (Peg doesn't) so good for newborn and up. I believe the Aria twin is recommended for 6 months and up.

2. Fold is really easy on Combi and takes up less space. W/ Combi you tilt it towards you and it collapses and then you fold it in half and there is a clasp that holds it together. W/ Peg it is a book fold but doesn't have the double fold.

3. Canopy on Combi goes close to snack tray while Peg's canopy is useless

4. Steering. I can steer one handed w/ both kids. I can also steer the stroller w/ one hand while newborn sleeps and I am chasing my toddler or holding him under one arm.

5. Seat on the Combi seems more comfortable. More cushiony and there is more give whereas in Peg my toddler looked squashed.

The Cons of the Combi...

- basket is useless
- stroller pack for bottle and cup is not that great
- it's not as pretty as the Mac TT or the PEg Aria

However the useability won me over.

This stroller has been such a lifesaver right now and has proven to move and fold even better than my Venezia and my Silver Cross Mini.

Great buy.

Just note though that when you look at SBS the lightest ones I was able to find was the Peg Perego Aria Twin (14 lbs) and the Combi Twin Savvy (21 lbs).

The Mac TT is 32 lbs now and most of the others are 25 lbs and up.