PDA

View Full Version : Valco double canopy height

Anna
02-14-2005, 08:15 PM
We currently live in Italy and are unable to actually see the Valco double or MBUD, so I am trying to make decisions based on research. I would like to get the Valco for my 27-month old and 7-month old because the seats sit more upright and it sounds plusher for them. However, I am worried that the canopy height may be a problem. My older son is 36 inches tall. Should I be concerned about this? Can Valco owners please post their child's height and how much room they have between the canopy and the child's head? Valco doesn't have an extended canopy available, do they? If I would only going to get a couple months use out of the Valco, I would have to get the MBUD or try to find something else.

There is only one stroller store near us and they carry the I'coo line. I wish they had a SBS, although the exchange rate is so horrible that the prices were outrageous!

Tondi G
02-15-2005, 03:18 PM
One other thing to consider is the weight limit on the two strollers! The MBUD holds a lot more weight and if you think your older kiddo will want to ride longer or if your older child is heavy you might want to go ahead with the MB!

I love the look of the Valco and the plushness.... I'd be buying that one if it had higher weight limits as my 3.5 year old is HEAVY at just over 50lbs! We will need a stroller for long day trips to Disneyland, the Zoo etc.... (and My DH and I are hoping to start doing some more walking etc for exercise... I know DS isn't going to want to walk the whole time).For now DS still asks to sit in his stroller or to be carried from time to time. I think the Mb is our only choice here if we want something that could go indoors if it needed to!

Good luck
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

Anna
02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks! I hadn't even thought of the weight limit difference! Have you tried your 3.5 year old in the Valco? If so, does he fit?

Kiwi's site says the Valco's canopy height is 22". Another site said the seat to canopy length on the MBUD is 21". Even with the extended canopy, it would only be 1" higher than the Valco's canopy! I'm so confused! Has anybody compared the canopy heights in these two strollers?

Anna